Ilford's Ultra Large Format promotion has started for 2015

I want to recreate some 1800's early 1900's looking pics, basically.

Do you want your images to just look that way, or do you want them to be of people dressed in period clothing, subjects, etc?

yes, as you suggested it, but the prices are a tad high. I am looking. Also where to have it developed. Maybe i can get a deal on something old and beat up but still gives me what i want. i still kinda want large format too. Just because.
i want a lot of things. LMAO

You can get into MF for just a couple hundred dollars if you look around. Even a basic 6x6 TLR can be had for 100-200$ with lens if you bide your time. Check any local camera stores for used gear. Or join a photo club in your area. Try Craigslist. Heck, maybe even post in the Buy & Sell forum here!

Developing can be done at home with $150 or less if you're wanting just b&w. Add a scanner for $200........... BadaBoom DadaBing!

Do you want your images to just look that way, or do you want them to be of people dressed in period clothing, subjects, etc?
No money for models. So just the look. Try to find subjects that dont appear to change much with time.

Then just about any film camera will work, provided it doesn't take a film format that is no longer made.

You can buy 35mm film SLRs for dirt cheap these days............ if not just outright free.

Most reactions

Back