What's new

illusion?

KenC

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
5,699
Reaction score
1,472
Location
Philadelphia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Does anything look odd about the shape of this image? Other comments?



street pattern


pattern112610.jpg
 
Yes, it appears that way to me as well. Just checking that I'm not losing my mind, or if I am that's not the reason it looked that way. I actually put a ruler up to my screen at one point and measured it.
 
Yes, it appears that way to me as well. Just checking that I'm not losing my mind, or if I am that's not the reason it looked that way. I actually put a ruler up to my screen at one point and measured it.

It's pretty cool. I guess it wan't intentional?
 
No, not intentional, but if I figure out how this works, I'll try to do it again!
 
It looks as if the lines at the top of the photo are more horizontal, while the ones at the bottom are more vertical.
 
:) --Yeah, that's sick dude!
 
Thanks, guys. I wondered if those three lines at the top that go out of the frame on the sides created the illusion. If I get another view of some crossed lines, I will try different framing to see what I get.
 
It is impossible to pre visualize this at the time of shot; other than that the pattern is nothing special; so i wonder what prompted you to take this image? (please don't misunderstand my intention)

Regards :)
 
I just liked the contrast between the color and pattern of the yellow lines and manhole cover against the sidewalk pattern, and also the scratch marks on the sidewalk. I have seen pattern shots (and abstracts) have a strong effect on some people and not on others, so I suppose everyone's brain is wired a little differently.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom