Im a beginner...

Dantheman4334

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
One thing you can do to make life easier for other forum members is to embed the images directly in your posts through the use of the UBB tags "
".

Your first and last images are fine exposure-wise, however the middle three all suffer from the same issue in varying degrees; that is: Shooting too close to the sun. Try and avoid shooting towards the sun, but if it is unavoidable, then take care to ensure that your camera isn't metering anything overly bright which will under-expose the rest of the image. This is especially evident in #2.

Overall, the images aren't bad, minor technical issues, but that's the beauty of digital photography; practice costs nothing but time. Keep at it.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

One thing you can do to make life easier for other forum members is to embed the images directly in your posts through the use of the UBB tags "
".

Your first and last images are fine exposure-wise, however the middle three all suffer from the same issue in varying degrees; that is: Shooting too close to the sun. Try and avoid shooting towards the sun, but if it is unavoidable, then take care to ensure that your camera isn't metering anything overly bright which will under-expose the rest of the image. This is especially evident in #2.

Overall, the images aren't bad, minor technical issues, but that's the beauty of digital photography; practice costs nothing but time. Keep at it.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

UBB tags?

btw thanks for the advice, it was an especially bright day, and i didn't have time to fiddle around with the sun

UBB tags?

btw thanks for the advice, it was an especially bright day, and i didn't have time to fiddle around with the sun

"UBB" = Universal Bulletin Board (The "Code" for the tags used here")]

As far as the brightness of the day goes, you don't need to 'fiddle with the sun' it's just a matter of remembering to account for it when metering.

Most reactions

Back