I'm A brand new photographer.

ownageplocks

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey, my name is grayson, and just yesterday, I purchased my first camera, which is a Sony alpha DSLR-A200K 10.2-Megapixel Digital SLR Camera & 18-70mm Lens - Black. I would like to know a few things about photography.

First off, I am interested in taking pictures of nature, and my friends. What are some good things to take pictures of? and can i get some basic tips on taking pictures?

I'm only 15, so any help would be nice.

Update: I just went outside and took a few pictures, here they are

11iplzm.jpg

qz4sqs.jpg

Last edited:
wow! only 15 ? i wish i started when i was 15. Anyways i suggest just takling random pictures of things around the house or outside. And since your in school why not try and volenteer to shoot at sporting events or activities in you school. Being so young you should really just try everything This way you will be able to develop an eye for what you really want and possibly further develop your own shooting style along the way :mrgreen:

the book understanding exposure is a great book, read your manual, anything you dont understand use google to find an explanation, shoot in the creative modes, av, tv and M to optimise your camera.

The first day I had my camera I took a picture of my cant, a bottle of lemonade, my husbands toe....anything that I could to try it out!

well this may be a bit off topic but it would be best next time to link to the image with smaller thumbnails since it is a little difficult to see the image at full within the forum.

suggestions for your photos: as a beginner i can only tell you so much but i would personally keep the closest leaves into focus with the petals, if only a little bit at least. so for your second photo, increase the depth of field a little bit. that means a greater aperture/fstop (i think, and correct me if im wrong)

lol your husband's toe? :lmao:

the book understanding exposure is a great book, read your manual, anything you dont understand use google to find an explanation, shoot in the creative modes, av, tv and M to optimise your camera.

The first day I had my camera I took a picture of my cant, a bottle of lemonade, my husbands toe....anything that I could to try it out!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back