I'm a woman..

TwistMyArm

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.darn.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...well according to some website anyway.

I found my name in an index of women artists. I guess they found my site, saw my name and assumed that only a woman would be named Dana. It's kind of annoying. I was gonna send them an email to fix their mistake, but I figure it's free advertising for my site and also the forum so I decided to let it be.

It happens all the time. I get letters addressed to Mrs a lot.

A funny thing happened last weekend though. I met a girl at a bar who said her name was Corey. "Ya it's a boys name, I know" she said.
I just laughed and said "don't worry hon cause we're kinda in the same boat, hi I'm Dana."
She laughed then replied with "You know if we were a couple people would think that you're me and I'm you." We both got a kick out of it. It was amusing, odd, but amusing.

So anyway I was wondering if anyone else has an unusual or uncommon name. I like the name Dana. It fits well with my last name I think. It fits well with me.

My mother's name is Dale...It was always a woman's name to me but I have seen/met quite a bit more men with that name than woman.

I know a couple named Jamie & Corey. Guess which one is the boy and which is the girl...

Surprisingly, I have had a few teachers read my name on the attendance sheet (first day) as Michelle. How hard is it to pronounce Michael? It's not like it's an uncommon name.

How hard is it to pronounce Michael?
And my favorite MichEAl. I never paid much attention to it but there a lot of one L'd Michele's around that just makes it worse. Michele and I are always having to swap faxes back and forth here at work.

I still have to check my ID to see if it's spelled Micheal or Michael. :?

Big Mike said:

Sadly it took me a while to remember if the a became before the e. I still don't know unless I look at the word after I spell it to see if it looks funny. If it does, I know I spelt it right ;)

As a child I had trouble with the two names Micheal and Michelle. I don't know why.....

photong said:
Big Mike said:

As a child I had trouble with the two names Micheal and Michelle. I don't know why.....

You're in the majority. I blame it on the French fuit-loops named Michael but spell it Michele. The 'first day of school' trauma is now over for me but now it's my last name that throws everyone. Can't spell it any more simply, sounds just like it's spelled, but I still have to spell it more than once for people when asked for my last name. My brother and I have always talked about adding a few silent letters in the middle and the end to justify having to spell it out more than once. And then there's my middle name which will take a few more years of therapy to get over what people do to that one :p

after you pick on him, you can pick on me for mine...if you can find out what it is...

md

ask manda, i told her...cause ya aint gettin it outta me!!!

p.s. think boardgames..

md

good one dana,
how'd do you pronounce your last name? Darnbrough like 'Darn bro?

lol, i think people think my last name is N-A-G-Y (Enageewhy) because i always end up having to spell it out for them. In the past 2 years, I've only heard one person pronounce it right and it was only only after they heard it on my answer phone. :oops:

Most reactions

Back