I'm an absolute amateur and would like ANY C&C please...

Numpomolelo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi there!

I'm a new convertee to the wonderful world of photography! Unfortunately I currently do not posess the monetary means to buy a nice camera, so I'll just have to make due for the time being with my 5.2 MP Fujifilm compact (number 1,2 and 4). I did manage to take a few photo's with my friend's Canon 400D (number 3).

I've also started experimenting with Photoshop CS3, but I'm still like a 5-year old in an amusement park without his parents...completely lost. Please feel free to comment on my "photo's".

Thanks and God bless!!

Rose-Original.jpg

Rose-Edited.jpg

(Just to illustrate what I've managed to figure out how to do on Photoshop)

Benched.jpg

[this is a macro-shot (i think that's what you call it) of a wet bench]

Grassy.jpg

Heya Numpomolelo, welcome to a) the world of photography and b) ThePhotoForum :D.

Unfortunately we cannot see your photos.
Pics stored in Google cannot be hotlinked.
All we get are red x's.
So sorry.

Open up an account (for free) with www.photobucket.com or www.fastpictures.com or any of the other free photo hosts out there and link your pics from there. You can still edit your introductory thread accordingly. Would be a pity NOT to be seeing your photos!

(And would it not need to be "sunt" as the 3rd person plural form in your sig, when the substantive noun is in the plural: "picturae"?)

You have potential, but LaFoto is correct. the images can not be viewed via Hotlinked from their current location.

If you are looking for a good camera on a budget look towards film SLR's, they can be purchassed preowned for right around the same price as a low level digital compact new, around 150 (USD) and lower

Cool shots, but my advice, is to find more interesting subjects. No matter how good you are at photography you will be limited if your subject is wet grass.

Just go to the beach, a park, whatever.

Keep shootin.

Welcome
I also have a point and shoot (a canon 6mp) I love taking pics of evey thing I can, the more you shoot the better you get, this website is great, enjoy..

Three and Four are deffinitly good. Welcome to tpf.

good job!
keep it up.

a lot of these people on here have a very good idea of what they are talking about, so take advice!

i really like 3 and 4!

Welcome to TPF!

I noticed alot of people said that they liked 3 and 4. 4 does not seem special to me in any way (like Robbie said) but I very much like the colours in 3.

The three classic elements....
Noob
Macro
and Flowers

BuZzZeRkEr, there is nothing wrong with being a) a "noob", b) testing out the macro settings (new experience, great fun!) and c) starting out with flowers and things that stay put for you and don't move.

Everyone has to start somewhere and go from there.

Nice one on the grass, Numpomolelo (and hey, I'm glad I can see the photos now, too!) ... you must have really enjoyed to be getting to the droplets so nicely, eh?

And isn't that colour the most wonderful colour there is --- GREEN :heart: :lovey: !?!?!? ;)

3 and 4 are very nice. I'm on the same page with you with regard to photoshop, someday I'll find the time to figure out how to use it! Good shots for being new to photography, just keep shooting!

Most reactions

Back