I'm baaaack - sharing first newborn session

Nmink100

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, I am trying to perfect my newborn work. I did my first real session just the other week and I'm very satisfied with the experience I gained in better understanding how to work with a newborn. I'm even more satisfied with one of the shots I actually got out of it. Would love some C&C.
(Now let me see if I remember how to post images here....)

RG_063r2copy.jpg

RG_063bwcopy2.jpg

Wow - lotsa hair for a newborn!

Very sweet - I love that you've got his(?) toes showing, too. I agree about the white space, it doesn't do much for me.

Hi NJ, thanks! I liked the look of the extra white space. I have another that is more cropped but I dont like the empty space underneath her leg...the bean bag was quite understuffed.

RG_043copy.jpg

Hi NJ, thanks! I liked the look of the extra white space. I have another that is more cropped but I dont like the empty space underneath her leg...the bean bag was quite understuffed.

It looks great Natalie! I prefer this one a lot. But I understand that you like the other ones with white space for your reasons. The portraits I like with lots of space in the top part usually have something like a nice textured wall or some simple object like a flower in a vase to compliment the subject. In any event, good job here. :)

I like the first one the best. Ever thought of making it a square crop? That would eliminate your white space, and make for a fun size on the wall???

very sweet.
What about cropping them horizontally instead of vertically? And not as close as the third shot.

Great work!!!! I'm not crazy about the crop myself, but I do see what you were going for. Love the sweetness of this image.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back