I'm back! Nikkor 70-200 2.8G VRII ED

IronMaskDuval

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, I went AWOL for a while there, but that was because I first broke my ankle that put me out for three months of walking and then I sprained my wrist, which put me out for another. Sigh. Any who, I'm finally picking up the 7100 again.

I picked up quite a baby today. I haven't had much of a chance to shoot with her, as I just got home with her. So, I took her outside and took a couple of snapshots. I'm impressed. Going from the crappy 70-300 to this....well, what can I say? Please pardon the mess. I had to disassemble some old livestock dwellings to build new ones at a home I just bought last month.

I'm headed to the coast this weekend, so I'll be taking some beach shots-- maybe the bikinis will still be out. :1247:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Congrats on the lens! I bought a poor man's version, the Tamron 70-200 f/2.8, a few months ago and love it!

That 3rd picture: My first thought was "um, okay, why on earth did he post a picture of the junk in his yard with only that one post in focus?"
My second thought was "OH, Divine Bovine, that is one BIG backyard turtle!!" :biggrin-new:

I'm still over here trying to buy the Tamron 70-200 2.8 VC. I wish I could justify another grand! Lol

Congrats on the lens! I bought a poor man's version, the Tamron 70-200 f/2.8, a few months ago and love it!

That 3rd picture: My first thought was "um, okay, why on earth did he post a picture of the junk in his yard with only that one post in focus?"
My second thought was "OH, Divine Bovine, that is one BIG backyard turtle!!" :biggrin-new:

And to think he's only going to get bigger. I've used Sigma's version as well. I don't think the poor man's lens shows that it's a poor man's lens at all. What I can say however is that on my days off from the gym, I'll be hauling this thing around to shoot with.

I'm still over here trying to buy the Tamron 70-200 2.8 VC. I wish I could justify another grand! Lol

It's actually another grand plus $40/month for gym fees to build up enough strength to carry this thing around.

I totally missed the turtle!! wowser !!

I have such weak wrists.. I think even my poor man's version is going to be a work out to shoot with. lol

It's like chasing a rainbow. You'll always be a grand away.

This is why I have cut myself off at the Tamron.. lol I am "splurging" getting the VC but I know I will be plenty happy with the lens for quite a while without spending another grand sooooooo there we have it.

I thought the 70-300 was a well respected lens around here?
It is, he is just talking about it in contrast with his new lens.

Most reactions

Back