I'm considering getting the EF70-200mm f/4L IS USM

I second Bussaj in the Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 recommendation :)

Actually, 700 Canadian is pretty much 700 U.S. (690 to be exact).

Just because the Canadian dollar is almost the same as the American dollar, their economy is still different and their prices are still higher on most things.

B&H, an American company, is selling the 70-200 f/4 for $579.95 American dollars, new.

Used you can probably find one for $500ish.

Just because the Canadian dollar is almost the same as the American dollar, their economy is still different and their prices are still higher on most things.

B&H, an American company, is selling the 70-200 f/4 for $579.95 American dollars, new.

Used you can probably find one for $500ish.

Oh ya, true. I thought that you were simply converting the prices. But yes, I also noticed that B&H and Adorama still have cheaper prices.

Have a look at the Sigma 70-200 f/2.8

That looks like a pretty good lense for the money. I really like the price of the f/4 non IS, with it being around $500 and all, but that Sigma may be worth the extra money. I just wish I could find a hobby that does not have upgrades...maybe Tai Chi or something...but I'm sure there's a particular Tai Chi shoe that performs better than others... :lol:

That looks like a pretty good lense for the money. I really like the price of the f/4 non IS, with it being around $500 and all, but that Sigma may be worth the extra money. I just wish I could find a hobby that does not have upgrades...maybe Tai Chi or something...but I'm sure there's a particular Tai Chi shoe that performs better than others... :lol:
Comparing the f~4 L too your 75-300 you will love the L series better colors, sharper and more details to name a few you should also notice more accurate focusing and a bit faster to lock on,I know the 2.8 L smokes the 75~300 in focus tracking and focus lock ,and purple fringe is neer non existant with the L line .

If I had too choose it would be the 2.8 second the f~4 L third would be the Sigma nice lens but to warm in color for me and i love the speed of AF with the L series.....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back