I'm dumb. Don't do this noobs.

Village Idiot

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I went to Ritz to print off a photo of the restaurant I shot for several days ago to show the owner. I also printed off a picture I put together of "The William Slowsky Collection". Well when I got to the restaurant and pulled out the photo, the top and bottom were cut off. I forgot to set the crop in a 8x12 frame in PS so it would print right. Asshole at Ritz didn't say anything either.

I wish my friend was still managing that store. At least then I would have had the problem fixed.

Anyways. Don't do it noobs. Just don't do it!

Lessor - don't shop at RITZ?

Or, do the printing yourself?

I would go to WHCC... or print out your own pictures?

So I went to Ritz to print off a photo of the restaurant I shot for several days ago to show the owner. I also printed off a picture I put together of "The William Slowsky Collection". Well when I got to the restaurant and pulled out the photo, the top and bottom were cut off. I forgot to set the crop in a 8x12 frame in PS so it would print right. Asshole at Ritz didn't say anything either.

I wish my friend was still managing that store. At least then I would have had the problem fixed.

Anyways. Don't do it noobs. Just don't do it!

Yeah, he's the asshole

Yeah, he's the asshole

Lol. Come on now. No the Ritz rep didn't HAVE to say anything, but come on. You see a FULL RESOLUTION picture, that doesn't conform to ANY print size you currently have, let alone the clients request for 8.5x11. You don't think to call someone up and say "Hey uhm, did you want us to resize this?"

This is why those places get the bad rap they have for customer service. Especially in a time when brick and mortars (with their non aggressive prices) are being threatened.

Yeah, he's the asshole

Maybe that's a bit harsh. Creepy? Balding guy that doesn't even look 30 with shifty eyes and he's wearing the standard Ritz uniform of white shirt and black pants, accessorised by a black leather biker jacket. No, not like a real motorcycle jacket, the ones with all the buckles and zippers that you generally see people that don't even ride wear.

And he really was a dick. I had the same guy try tell me that I had to have a 40D and that it was so much better than my 30D when he found out what camera I had. He was acting like he knew everything about everything.

Same thing happened to me when handing in a project for school. I was in a rush and forgot to resize one of them (I did the others) and put it on my USB Key. I head to the play, put in the images, everything looks good, set to print out 8x12 and be ready by end of day.

I pick them up and one pic is just cut off in the wrong places and not looking like what I wanted.

Thankfully I had the pics printed a few days before the project was due, giving me enough time to resize and get them done again.

Yeah, that really sucks that he didn't say anything, at the ritz I work at, it's not really company, but it's a store policy that's not really set in stone to call or tell the customer some way that something is wrong with the printing. For example, I had to call one guy last week because he wanted an 11x14 of his family, but it cut off 3 people because he was shooting with an SLR and he didn't know about the aspect ratio's.

The thing is that we can't really resize or crop very well. if you had a picture that needed to be 8.5x11, we can't make a canvas in photoshop with the right paper size we can print and drop a picture in it and cut it later, we don't have that kind of software, that's something the customer needs to do. It sucks, I know.

When my friend got moved from the local one, I think he ended up firing almost every person that worked for him. He said most of them were retarded.

Hmm, this is interesting. So, you expect this from a lesser quality printer/company?

I guess Adorama sucks too. Oh wait, Adorama is a well known and well respected company in the photography world! Well then, I guess things have changed at Adorama because I had forgotten to crop a photo myself and Adorama also printed it without looking at the crop.

Did the OP attempt to talk to Ritz and ask them for a reprint? I've heard at other places, you can email them when not satisfied and they bend over backwards to correct it for you (thinking MPix and Adorama here.) I didn't bother with mine from Adorama because it wasn't all that important to me. I'm sure from what I've read about them that they would have fixed it for me.

A simple mistake I would imagine, both my experience with Adorama and the Ritz topic here.

Where you actually in Adorama waiting for the print?

I admitted that it was my fault and something I forgot to do, but there's slight difference in being in the store and getting it printed and getting it shipped to you. I was already at the restaurant about 15-20 minutes away when I saw the prints.

Where you actually in Adorama waiting for the print?

I admitted that it was my fault and something I forgot to do, but there's slight difference in being in the store and getting it printed and getting it shipped to you. I was already at the restaurant about 15-20 minutes away when I saw the prints.
Yes, that could be a bit different. I'm guessing you were standing there practically looking at the guy (if not was looking at the guy) and he couldn't turn around and say, "hey, I notice this one isn't cropped for the print size...."?

You didn't check the print before you paid for it?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back