Critique, PLEASE?
everything__s_not_lost_by_COBRASTARSHIPP.jpg

i__ll_miss_the_playgrounds_by_COBRASTARSHIPP.jpg

and_its_me_theyre_looking_for_by_COBRASTARSHIPP.jpg

one_day_the_sun_will_come_out_by_COBRASTARSHIPP.jpg

ive_grown_accustom_to_grow_old_by_COBRASTARSHIPP.jpg

priests_clutched_onto_bibles_by_COBRASTARSHIPP.jpg

SHOES__by_COBRASTARSHIPP.jpg

Welcome to the forum. As a general rule, if you wish to receive C&C then a good idea is to keep the number of photos per thread to a minimum.

Of this set I'm drawn to #1. With a main subject that's not particularly interesting, you created a cool play of lines. The depth of field is just perfect, and I also like the lomo-type post-processing that you applied. My only suggestion – a personal preference – would be to add just a bit of contrast (which in turn will make the textures more apparent).

Thanks for sharing these.

Fewer shots in a post might get more response. All show you have a good eye for composition. I like the first the best, but would like to see it framed a little more to the right. Try to shoot in less harsh light when possible. Keep shooting.

Craig

I agree that you have a good eye for composition.

The sunset in #5 really grabbed my attention, the way the thin cloud forms a line between the streetlight and the sun, connecting them as though the streetlight is reaching out for the light or the sun is giving energy to the streetlight for the night shift or something. Very nice to my eyes and imagination, that one.

#'s 1, 2, and 3 come in as tops for me after that. Great lines, tension, form and shape captured.

Congrats on some fine work! :thumbup:

Picture 4 is the BEST. I love the classic mood in the picture. Picture 1 is an interesting shot. I'll focus more on the rusty padlock. The background is really distracting in Pic 1.

If you hadn't told us you were beginner, i would have guessed you had been doing photography for a good while, Very nice eye, and great control over the camera!

Most reactions

Back