I'm large

Newtricks

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not bragging, not happy about it, really don't like not being able to go to the store and buy what looks good to me. I'm 6' 4", 290 lbs, wear a 60" coat and 42" pants, 13 6E shoes and have to have ties made to fit. Am I the lone ranger or are there others here who do not fit the norm?

I'm large

p190219594-11.jpg

6'2", around 270 lbs. I've been paying more attention to what I eat lately. If I can get my handsome ass to drop down to 240 or 245, I'll be happy...

If you're looking for a kickass workout...try T25. It's prefect for dropping some pounds and becoming a healthier you. =)

10 foot tall and bullet proof.
Drink like a fish, smoke like a chimney and cuss like a sailor.
Eat when I'm hungry, sleep when I'm tired and can still phuque all night long.

The down side..... at 55 y.o., I really have to be mindful of the farts because that ain't always farts and the nights seem to be getting shorter.

K are you ready for that Tough Mudder yet?

Not one dick joke so far?

I am 6'2" 240lbs. My dietician says I should be down to 180 but I'd have to cut off a leg to get below 220. Oh and 13 EE shoes.

I'm 6'1 258 at 19 % body fat so I hear you. Most of my clothes either don't fit my legs but fit my waist or fit my legs and are huge in the waist. I have to have my shirts tailored but that got old paying for clothes twice.
I'm on a mission to lean down some. I'm looking to drop 4-5 % more bf and if I'm still big then I will just drop mass. Clothing at this size is a PITA !

I'm 6'1 258 at 19 % body fat so I hear you. Most of my clothes either don't fit my legs but fit my waist or fit my legs and are huge in the waist. I have to have my shirts tailored but that got old paying for clothes twice. I'm on a mission to lean down some. I'm looking to drop 4-5 % more bf and if I'm still big then I will just drop mass. Clothing at this size is a PITA !

Yup. Shirts that are long enough are 3 sizes too big every where else.

6' 2" 280lb. Recently dropped 15 lbs since being diagnosed Type 2 diabetic. Hard going as I still like food and beer.

6' 2" 280lb. Recently dropped 15 lbs since being diagnosed Type 2 diabetic. Hard going as I still like food and beer.

Good for you!! :hug:: Yes, it's hard, because we all get busy and it's the diet that is the first to go. Rush here, rush there, and oh, swing by that burger joint on the way. If you can avoid fast food outlets and swear off soft drinks, you will be doing yourself good (and I don't mean, YOU-you, just speaking generally). :)

It takes work to plan meals at home, and then go to the store and stick to the list. But when your body is fighting back (with weight gain, DM II, high blood pressure,etc) it's a good idea to listen. It just takes establishing a new habit, a new routine, and it won't happen overnight. But once you are used to eating better, you really start to enjoy it and the idea of the junk food has no appeal. It's the mindset you have to achieve, and the body will respond!

If there is any exercise you used to like - take it up again! Hike with the camera, ride a bike, shoot some hoops - it's all good.

Good luck!! :heart:

Not one dick joke so far?

I am 6'2" 240lbs. My dietician says I should be down to 180 but I'd have to cut off a leg to get below 220. Oh and 13 EE shoes.

6.2 down to 180. Not sure about that. That sounds to thin to me.

If you're looking for a kickass workout...try T25. It's prefect for dropping some pounds and becoming a healthier you. =)

TPF coach lol!

6' 2" 210 would like to be 195. need to get off my ass and start walking again. Andrew Weil's book . 8 Weeks to Optimum health, is always my best inspiration. Was down to size 34 waist a year ago, 38 now.
good reason to take that camera for a walk. later Ed
Vegetarian now for about 40 years

The problem my "kids" have is not "large" exactly...it's being way too tall and way too thin.

My oldest son is "only" 6'5", wears a size 13 (sometimes 14) shoe, and weighs probably about 170, though I wonder if it's even that much now.

But my "baby" is 6'8", wears a size 15 shoe but has an INCREDIBLY narrow foot--he'd probably wear a AA if they made them for men, in size 15s! And I doubt seriously the boy even tops 160 pounds.
To make matters worse, he has practically no shoulders, and absolutely no hips. He goes through at least two belts a year, trying to cinch the belt tight enough to keep his pants up.

I am SOO glad that they mostly have to buy their own clothes now.

Most reactions

Back