I'm looking for a job!

agirl316

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have just finished my two year Photography degree and well I am wanting to start my career. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on where to look or if you have heard anything lately.

If you already own a telephoto lens I'm told blackmail is quite lucrative.

mrsid99 said:
If you already own a telephoto lens I'm told blackmail is quite lucrative.

that is, hands down, the funniest S**T ive heard in two weeks!!

thank you my friend, thank you.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

md

I just signed up for a Creative photography nightschool course at my local college. It's more for fun and personal interest then anything. What exactly do these full programs I have heard about consist of? It may be something I would be interested in taking.

Very curious too. What all did you learn in the two years, and did you have some kind of a special emphasis/major? I don't know if you're considering working for someone or if you've considered having your own business?

If you can afford your own medical insurance...

-Tom.

not sure if you're into starting your own business .. but im sure perhaps u can find a photographer who's willing to let u assist for a while so u can gain some practical experience ...

do u have your portfolio together? ... most likely, they will look for that ... if u dont, i would get started on it .. a web and print portfolio :D

Dew is right on the money,

Even 4 year programs don't teach you what you need to know for the working world. Mentor, intern, assist, this will all help you. In the meantime you may want to read up on business marketing...you'll need that skill =)

One thing my friends who are interested in photography always ask is what assortment of shots they should put in their portfolio. Some believe the extremes but I always tell them to put a good assortment that best demonstrates their abilities for what the viewer is requiring.

Any thoughs on this one? :idea:

i would concentrate on what interest u the most .. if u like to photograph people, than thats what i'd do ... if u like still life .. i would do that as well ... u want to show your flexability and let them know a little more about yourself

i wouldnt close the door on everything else if u like photograhing different things... me for example, i like to photograph people, but also objects and the like .... perhaps them seeing both, they can get a better feel for your artistic abilities ... your vision ... through your eyes :D

Most reactions

Back