Im looking into buying my first lens

I have the Tamron 17-50mm f2.8. it's a great lens.

i also just got this lens to upgrade from my canon 18-55. it's a great lens, near as good as a canon, but half the price. this is if you want to replace your general purpose kit lens.

it depends on what you wanna shoot. if u want a nice "walk around" lens, get something in the 17-70 range, if u want something where u can zoom in on far away stuff, like wildlife, then go for a 70-200 or 70-300, and yes, generally the less the range on a lens, the better quality pics you'll get (so a 70-200 would probably be better than a 70-300), but there are exceptions, especially if u buy a cheap lens.

myself, i'm really into shooting landscapes, so i got the 17-50 for that wide angle, and the tamron is a really nice mid-grade lens to step up from the canon 18-55 kit lens.

before u invest a lot of money into a really nice lens that you aren't sure you'll be using a lot, get a really cheap lens in the same range, test it out for a bit and see if it works for you. personally, i bought the basic tamron 75-300 lens. its decent for basic zooming in shots, but its slow and feels cheap, and i find i only use it maybe 5% of the time. my 18-55 has been the workhorse for my pics, so i upgraded that instead.

Most reactions

Back