I'm loving macro

xlaire

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
nubi.com.au
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm loving macro at the moment, any advice for taking great shots close up? This is one I took yesterday, I know it's a little brown and not sure if anyone else will think it's interesting. I'm right into textures aswell

It's a stick lol, I loved the textures and little granules of dirt. I know it's boring I was trying to find things to photograph around my house outside and this is one of the ones I came up with.

next time work on finding a subject that can be distinguished from it's background.

This is what else I took yesterday, It's all abstract. I need to find something of interest besides textures, shapes and colours.
lock.jpg

I think spider webs are cool for. Especially with the resident or bugs in them. There was one I saw posted on TPF that someone took of a spider web that had morning dew drops stuck in it. It's my favorite macro shot to date. Wish I could remember the user who posted it.

What lense are you using, a macro lense? the pictures looks quite soft or ist just me?

I definitely don't think these were taken with a macro lens... overall, the shots are boring. Keep trying though!

For cool macro shots you usually want a lot of bokeh and a lot of sharpness. I'd suggest you use wide aperture and slap your camera on a tripod so you can get the subject perfectly in focus.

This is what else I took yesterday, It's all abstract. I need to find something of interest besides textures, shapes and colours.

Have you thought of insects and small animals?

I like them. Some people just don't get the textures/color thing. This inspires me to take some more macro's in my back yard. :thumbup:

Yeh I have noticed some people get confused with abstract side of photography. The photo's were taken with a 'point and shoot' variety of camera, no macro lens (I wish!) I'm currently looking for a tripod to purchase in the near future. I'm no professional photographer and I haven't studied photography at all. I tried to go for a spider web with dew the other day but my crappy camera won't let me focus on it.
I feel like I could really use a tech upgrade but for now as an amateur I'm doing the best with what I've got. Limited skills and equipment.
As for small animals here's one I was experimenting with...

as previously stated, the photo's have no clear subject, and are thus, boring. Keep trying though!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back