i'm making a stand. and fighting the rules.

naptime

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.toledotees.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i see lots of people post pictures and the horizon is tilted.

i see lots of people post c&c saying they should level the picture.

i'm making a stand.

the earth is NOT flat. it's round.

so it would only make sense that pictures would have a tilt, depending on which side of the curve you are standing.

so, from now on, if i post a picture, and someone says its not level, i will remind them that its not natural to be level.

and then, my pictures won't be wrong. they will be right. or at least geographically correct.

yeah, every so many pics I like an occasional play "tilt"

SRW_1303.jpg

Then they should not be tilted, but have distortion. Buy a fisheye... Kidding aside, I don't mind tilts as long as it adds to the photo.

6664527903_c3de833cb6_z.jpg

Yes sir, but "tilt" and "arc" are two different things, and a line can arc to such a small degree that it apppears a straight line.

The end points of the arc should wind up on the same plane to be level, otherwise it's a tilted arc.

Then they should not be tilted, but have distortion. Buy a fisheye... Kidding aside, I don't mind tilts as long as it adds to the photo.

Can you explain how the tilt adds to that photo?

And OP, what "rules" are you fighting? Ansel Adams said:

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Jake...I swear....If you take one more thread and put a photo of you kid in it I am going to....I just don't know what....:gah:

Can you explain how the tilt adds to that photo?

I feel without the tilt it loses the feeling of mischievousness. Although I wish he was looking directly at the camera, a level horizon brings his gaze at a lower level. I prefer straight horizons, but in this one it just didn't work for me.

Jake...I swear....If you take one more thread and put a photo of you kid in it I am going to....I just don't know what....:gah:

I guess I won't be posting or starting to many more threads from now on........

Please do Post and Start...just quit inserting a photo of your kid in every one. It's like spam at this point and I think your kid is a doll! Just keep changing your avatar...

Yes sir, but "tilt" and "arc" are two different things, and a line can arc to such a small degree that it apppears a straight line.

The end points of the arc should wind up on the same plane to be level, otherwise it's a tilted arc.

Bitter, you beat me to it! (And got a like out of it too!) It is all a matter of perspective... :)

Please do Post and Start...just quit inserting a photo of your kid in every one. It's like spam at this point and I think your kid is a doll! Just keep changing your avatar...

I can find two threads in the frist 5 pages of my posts where I did this. They are both on the same subject of tilt, using the same photo as an example. Hardly spam. Unless you count the cute kids thread or the kids of tpf thread.

I can find two threads in the frist 5 pages of my posts where I did this. They are both on the same subject of tilt, using the same photo as an example. Hardly spam. Unless you count the cute kids thread or the kids of tpf thread.

I'm at page #10 of my posts and have found 3 total.

I think it is because there are two kids threads going and I posted in both.

Jake, you win. Except that this thread has a photo of your little one and its not about kids. Do you have any other photos...?:hugs:

Whoa there Red Rider. That's a little harsh.

It's not that his post wasn't relevant to thread. Who cares if it was of his kid or not?

"Spam at this point" just comes off as totally bi@#hy. Sorry.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back