I'm needing a little cc...something just isn't right!

I don't know what the look is that you're going for, but I think the lighting needs work. The window is too distracting. If you want the outside to look a bit more natural (instead of looking like flat white panels) then you can walk around behind your model, point the camera out the window, and take a meter reading. That reading is the exposure you'll set your camera to. THEN you'll boost the interior lighting to bring up the model to the desired level.

Basically you treat it like two light sources in a mixed exposure. You can't do anything about that outside light levels (other than close off the curtains completely so we don't see it) but you CAN do something about the lighting on your model by bring up the light until it matches the exposure needed to compete with the outside light. Then you can fuss about the cropping, modeling, and how you want to control the light.

I did notice the shoes don't match. I'm also wondering why the 18-button glove in her left arm isn't pulled up -- it's wrinkled. But the one on her right arm (the one she is using to drink) is pulled up. You can use 12-button gloves (they cover the forearm but do not extend beyond the elbow) or 18-button gloves (which is what she's wearing -- so named for the number of buttons they would have had if they had buttons all the way up.)

Weird hooker heels that don't match her lingerie, floral print undies, ill-fitting gloves, big floppy hat, AND a campaign glass.

I think there is just WAY too much going on with your model that no amount of technical perfection could solve.

For the record "Hooker Heels" would be about 2" taller than the ones she is wearing. :anon:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back