What's new

im new but here are my latest shots (cars)

snapz1987

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 1, 2010
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
kent uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
graffiti7.jpg

graffiti6.jpg

graffiti5.jpg

graffiti4.jpg

graffiti2.jpg

graffiti1.jpg

garffiti3.jpg


hope u like
 
My thoughts on these are (and by the way - Please don't take these comments too personally, I'm hoping they can be constructive for you, these are only my opinions)

Photo 1: Focus seems a bit shaky and the DOF is a bit too shallow, my eyes aren't comfortable to rest on the image - a bit more car in the frame and it would be better

Photo2: Doesn't look straight, but there are lots of angles going on, The car could do with featuring a bit more confidently - for example, get lower down and further back, lets see some more ground and wheels etc,.. The car almost seems to be an after thought in this one as it's not well placed - and the indicator is distracting.

Photo 3: I like this one a little more - However the Focus seems shakey and the BMW is sticking its nose in from behind,.. definitely not meant to be there in my opinion and really makes a mess of the picture.

Photo 4: This is a strange one, i'm not sure about this one but The other cars in the background ruin the picture as well as the person on the right looking straight at the camera. Perhaps get a little higher and straighter for this sort of picture - I like the concept.

Photo 5: Seems blurry to me, And the back end of the car is cut off which I really don't like, I wish i could offer more useful advice for this picture but I just don't think the composition is very good to start with,...

Photo 6: Something doesn't sit right about this one - perhaps it's the lowered kerb, I'm not sure, Looks blurry again and the angle of car make sit look like it was parked there by accident and ruined an otherwise great picture of some graffiti! I think you could do more with this however.

Photo7: I like this one, It's original, some good creativity going on here again, I would say that if you had managed (granted it's a difficult angle) to get a little more car in frame and lose the red barrier infront of the person it would be much better.

Are you shooting Manual or automatic? Try a different aperture for starters. And are you using a tripod at all? if not, get one - they're really really handy for this sort of picture. I love the concept behind these pictures, A very urban sort of feel to these,.. Very 'need for speed' lol.
 
cheers mate no offence taken all very helpful comments, the blur is porbs comin from the fact that i quickly shopped the jpeg not the raw, could i have a look at some of your shots please
 
I like the last one best! I think more camera shake may be interesting....nice
 
Were you using a tripod? The EXIF doesn't say what lens you're using so I'm guessing you're using some type of IS lens but without a tripod. At 1/13 that would explain the little amount of blur there is around the picture.

For stationary pictures like this you'll want absolutely no shake. Get a good tripod and either set it to 2-second delay or use a remote (so even you touching the shutter button doesn't shake the camera)
 
All shot on auto and camera chose a shutter speed that was too slow and every shot is blurred from camera shake
 
IMO the background WAY overpowers the cars.
 
i like the reflection of the wall off of the car in the 1st one, and love the way the last shot is split with the guy and car in focus but the piller in the middle not
 
The background is distracting from the cars, maybe if you opened to a larger aperture (shallow DoF) it would tone down the colors in the background.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom