I'm new too!

Bright_Side

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello - Hello!

Im Erica and I just got my D SLR today! I got a Nikon D40 and I have no idea where to start! I fooled around with it to take a few pics of my cat and dog....but Im still learning! Im hoping to get a lot of help on this site as I love taking pictures and this is my dream camera! ;) Thanks!;)

Last edited:
Welcome & congrats on the new camera!

You might want to pick up a copy of "Understanding Exposure". It will really help.

Ive learned so much from this site, just start reading all of the faqs and tutorials, you can learn alot.

welcome!
you can also go to dslrtips.com. this guy gives some good tips and advices for beginers. it helped me a lot

Welcome!

Learn basic exposure and how to control it on manual with your camera and that will be a tremendous start. Looking forward to seeing some of your photography.

Nikon prints great manuals that ship with their cameras; don't under-estimate the info to be found in it!

Welcome and congrats on the camera....you will love it! I have one and a D40x......now saving up for a D700 or D300 by this time next year!!!

Thanks so much everyone! I snap a few quick ones last night and have to admit that i am in love!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back