Im not crying your the one crying. Trigger warning its a first day of K shot.

OGsPhotography

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
DAF46F1E-08E0-4058-A285-A466AF8F9B20.jpeg Aka Too Soon!
Or
QQ

CC is appreciated.

That's dangerously cute. The warning was appropriate.
Any image that can trigger such emotion as this is a winner in my book.
Great photography.

I have been looking at the photo for a minute or two, and I am not 100% sure of what my eyes are seeing. I can read the board, but I am unsure as to what the human figures are doing. I would have to disagree that this is a well done photo since for over one minute I cannot make sense of what it is that is contained within this photo

I have been looking at the photo for a minute or two, and I am not 100% sure of what my eyes are seeing. I can read the board, but I am unsure as to what the human figures are doing. I would have to disagree that this is a well done photo since for over one minute I cannot make sense of what it is that is contained within this photo
Really? To me it jumps... the child's toys, that she's played with frequently are lined up, watching her head out the door on her first day of Kindergarten. It's a very 'Toy Story' image.

67E03D0B-4A03-48AD-9D06-9A945722A9E0.jpeg
Thanks guys.

@Derrel See below the version Mom used, sorry I posted the wrong photo. Is this one easier to understand?

yes I find the second photo easier to understand, visually. In the first photo the fact that the brown haired child in the foreground is a doll was not as apparent as in the second photo,which I find much easier to visually decipher. In the first photo I thought the brown haired figure in the foreground might be a little sister and to the far right was a doll.

in the second photo there is more clear focus in the foreground and makes for a Photo that is, for me at least,much, much easier to decipher visually.

Last edited:
Oh, I had it that the foreground figure was the little sister staying behind. I really had to examine the shot to deduce that the person holding the door open was the one leaving.

I thought the larger doll was the back of a child's head at first too. I found the bright white light at the door somewhat overpowering/too eyecatching and wondered if it was supposed to be some sort of ghoslty apparition or something... (and thought the first day of kindergarten isn't that frightening! lol) then realized there was a wreath on the other side of the door which created a face-like shape there. I'm either over imaginative or stay up late too often watching the Twilight Zone and Hitchcock!

@vintagesnaps

The light at the door is actually a speed-light, it was very early morning... was literally first day of school.
I was thinking the lighting should/ could be more high key, even blow the whole door with exposure to get rid of the halo-weeny feel.

Thanks!

Love both with the dolls and the little sister. I got the first one, she is leaving behind Elsa, American girl, and cabbage patch behind. Cute idea!

A very creative and beautiful image.
I just had my daughter start kindergarten this year.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back