What's new

im not sure why,...

NJKILLSYOU

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 2, 2009
Messages
45
Reaction score
1
Location
New Jersey
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...but i like this picture i took.

4716871453_ddb1fe1ce8_b.jpg
 
i like it because it's simple. and you can tell what brand it is.
 
I'm not sure why either? ;) But as rusty9 has mentioned having just the single subject reduces any ambiguity, about as far as it can be reduced.

I think it would have been much better if it was all in focus, properly exposed, and had some post processing work done to make it a little more dynamic.
 
Last edited:
i desaturated it, darkened it, and upped the contrast. i thought that did make it more dynamic. and i like the shallow dof. but thanks for the comments. :)
 
Do you know how to dodge and burn, do local exposure adjustments, etc.

I could show you an example of what I mean, but you don't allow edits of your stuff.
 
I like it fo rreasons stated (simplicity, sharp focus). You could go many different PP directions with a picture like this.
 
Yes, you could, but like Bryan Peterson points out in "Understanding Exposure", of all the possible combinations of shutter speed, aperture and ISO for any given shot that still results is a corect exposure, there is usually only 1 that will generally be the artistic combination that appeals to most people.
 
Do you know how to dodge and burn, do local exposure adjustments, etc.

no, no i do not.


I could show you an example of what I mean, but you don't allow edits of your stuff.


go right ahead, i have it set that way, but if people ask ill usually oblige.

would you like the original?
 
I didn't have the original, but this is how I see it.

The second I saw the picture I thought oh wow bad ass. i'm extreme with editing rather is bad or good, but this is how I saw it.

zzz0000copy.jpg


I made the ground sharp, i made the cig and the tobaco even sharper. I lowered the exposure but not on the cig to draw more attention to it and then did a light vignett job.
 

I like the original better, but something to this extent could be done to make it a little better, just not to this degree. This new edit takes away from simplicity of it and draws your eye to all of the little details on the ground.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom