I think the wiper is your downfall here -- it puts the viewer in a place that they've likely been. There are small number of artists who are doing this 'focus on a piece of glass with water drops in the foreground' while the background suggests an image that are doing some really neat work. You're making it harder on yourself with no color elements, but at a minimum the the glass/water drops need to be in tack sharp focus for this to work overall. It can be done in B&W, it's just more difficult.
That being said, I do think the suggestion of the subjects and their purpose within the frame are decent in terms of composition -- the vehicle being near out of frame, the leading line of the guard rail, the secondary subject that is the unreadable street sign and the vast amounts of negative space I think work for the image.