I'm nuts about squirrels - what can I say!

Kathleen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Enjoying my new lens and thought I'd share.
15173-GreySquirrel1.jpg

Thats cool. The one thing i would next time is get that grass out of the shot. Most of my attention is on that squirrel but i end up glancing at that grass a little.

Thanks. Yes I agree that the grass is a bit of a distraction. But, although a good model he/she wasn't very corroborative. ;-)

Yes I can now really see your point.

i agree about the grass but i still think that this is a gr8 real life shot, with superb focus on the squirrel! nice work would like to see more do u have a website that u post your pictures on like Flickr???? :wink:

Squirrel goes on rampage, injures 3

Thu Jun 14, 10:42 AM ET

An aggressive squirrel attacked and injured three people in a German town before a 72-year-old pensioner dispatched the rampaging animal with his crutch.

The squirrel first ran into a house in the southern town of Passau, leapt from behind on a 70-year-old woman, and sank its teeth into her hand, a local police spokesman said Thursday.

With the squirrel still hanging from her hand, the woman ran onto the street in panic, where she managed to shake it off.

The animal then entered a building site and jumped on a construction worker, injuring him on the hand and arm, before he managed to fight it off with a measuring pole.

"After that, the squirrel went into the 72-year-old man's garden and massively attacked him on the arms, hand and thigh," the spokesman said. "Then he killed it with his crutch."

The spokesman said experts thought the attack may have been linked to the mating season or because the squirrel was ill.

Copyright © 2007 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.

There are countless stories of animals that run amok. From the gentle deer onward. But if we allow paranoia to possess us than there would be no pictures of of the animal kingdom. That would be sad. I believe caution and common sense are two tools that we should all pack when we are out in the field. I carry them with me even when I'm photographing my beloved squirrels.

Not sure what grass you're talking about - did you edit it? Whatever it is, the current version is very good. Nicely captured.

Yes that photo is after my edit. This is the before.

Nice edit. Shot looks nice and clear and good DOF.

Just a quick comment on the amok squirrel - must have been something in the Bavarian air. Or the creature had been onto someon'e wheat beer. Sheer poison, that stuff.

And no, it doesn't mean that red squirrels are any wilder than your grey variety.

The only manic squirrel I ever came across was the one that found its way into our living-room many years back, through the balcony door that was on a latch. The squirrel went berserk as it didn't find its way out again and then zoomed through the entire flat in a panic, leaving its little souvenirs in the nursery and everywhere else. This must have been about sixteen years ago as my sun went just as berserk - this was not long after a dog had bitten him in the face and he was scared stiff of all four-legged creatures!

Okay, been rambling a bit. Sorry.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back