I'm officially old....

Yemme

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
:lol: I can't eat salt/salty foods like I use to... I'm so sad:(... I get headaches.

I'm with ya... I used to never get a hangover-now, if I wake up at all if feels like my eyeballs are swollen....

I don't usually get hangovers from beer (I think I just sleep through them...lol). But cognac, that stuff gives me a headache before I finish the first glass.

I am a saltaholic. I have been salting everything for years and years (except bacon and ham). They take my blood pressure at the eye doctor and it was high for the second year. They recommended I get checked out.

Ok, so heart, blood pressure, diabetes, cholesterol, etc problems run high in my father's side of the family. My great grandfather had a stroke in his early 40's I believe, my grandfather had a stroke in his early 40's leaving him partially paralyzed and my father died of a heart attack in his early 40's. I'm 37. Not much longer to go if you go by genetics....

So, I quit eating salt. I still have to get to the doctors (I did go have a full check up including the stinkin running on the treadmill test when I was 30). But I haven't used salt now for about a month (salting my food post-cooking that is.) Everything tastes horrible, or I should say barely tastes at all. I can't eat popcorn watching a movie anymore because that is one thing that definitely needs salt. French fries.... well, Ok, I'll admit it, the few times I've had french fries lately I did salt them.

It's driving me crazy not salting my food. Although tonight we had chicken breast grilled on the George Foreman grill with Quaker Steak and Lube Louisiana Licker sauce on them...... YUUUUUUMMMMMYYYY! No salt needed, they were awesome chicken breast and I hate eating chicken.

Really gotta get me a dSLR soon, before it's too late. Only about 5 more years left, hehe.

I am a saltaholic. I have been salting everything for years and years (except bacon and ham). They take my blood pressure at the eye doctor and it was high for the second year. They recommended I get checked out.

Ok, so heart, blood pressure, diabetes, cholesterol, etc problems run high in my father's side of the family. My great grandfather had a stroke in his early 40's I believe, my grandfather had a stroke in his early 40's leaving him partially paralyzed and my father died of a heart attack in his early 40's. I'm 37. Not much longer to go if you go by genetics....

So, I quit eating salt. I still have to get to the doctors (I did go have a full check up including the stinkin running on the treadmill test when I was 30). But I haven't used salt now for about a month (salting my food post-cooking that is.) Everything tastes horrible, or I should say barely tastes at all. I can't eat popcorn watching a movie anymore because that is one thing that definitely needs salt. French fries.... well, Ok, I'll admit it, the few times I've had french fries lately I did salt them.

It's driving me crazy not salting my food. Although tonight we had chicken breast grilled on the George Foreman grill with Quaker Steak and Lube Louisiana Licker sauce on them...... YUUUUUUMMMMMYYYY! No salt needed, they were awesome chicken breast and I hate eating chicken.

Really gotta get me a dSLR soon, before it's too late. Only about 5 more years left, hehe.

Haha, I'm just the opposite. I grew up with absolutely no salt added to any of my mother's dishes (they're yummy btw :thumbup:), and although my salt tolerance is normal (school cafeteria food probably has a bit of salt in it) we'll go out for a meal and my mother will just completely randomly burst out "this is too salty" when I can't taste it for the life of me. Of course, sometimes the chef salts the food even knowing that people will salt it themselves anyways and it comes out tasting like the Dead Sea...

It's just not fair... I want the old days back when I could eat junk food and not get a headache. I love Munchos... but the damn salt has put me into retirement.:(

mrodgers, i had like 4 pieces of bacon one day...:guilty: ok maybe 6 and I had a headache the entire day and I never knew why. Until had a conversation with a friend who told me it was the bacon.:( This is so depressing.

Ouch! Yes, life without bacon would be very depressing!

It's possilble to HAVE life without bacon!?

Erm ... :er: ... yes. It is! Entirely so!

And don't mention the phrase "officially old" ... a-hem... I just know what sort of birthday I'm going to run away from in December of this year!!!

Sorry LaFoto... I just thought all this stuff happened a lot later in life......

I rarely have real bacon these days, but as long as I can go somewhere and smell it cooking..... life is good.

And I close my eyes and remember, when turkey bacon is on the menu.

And I close my eyes and remember, when turkey bacon is on the menu.

Here's what I think of turkey bacon.....
vomit-smiley-31.gif

Most reactions

New Topics

Back