I'm positive I've asked this before, but...

Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I searched the forum and can't find the thread I asked it in! So...how do I unload my film from my Holga when I finish the roll????

I'm learning that all medium format is the same. The film stays on the take-up spool. Once you're done, wind the film all the way and then some to make sure it's all on the take-up spool (you'll hear it). Open the back of the camera, pull out the exposed film, fold the film tag over (it shows you where), peel or lick (depends on the film brand) the keeper tag and viola' an exposed roll of film now ready to take to the developers. The empty spool left in the camera now gets moved over as a take-up spool for your next roll.

Now only from reading, and hopefully terri or orie will jump in here, that Holga's don't roll the film very tight so loading and unloading a Holga is best done with a changing bag as the film might be wound loose and let light in, or worse, not wound all the way at all.

I have yet to run anything through my Holga yet as its purchase has only rejuvinated my interest in SX-70 (go figure) so I'm all ears as well if some Holga people jump in here.....................

EDIT: Right click and save <Holga instruction manual.PDF>

Yeah, I was hoping Terri or Orie would pop their heads in here...but they must not be online right now! I don't have a changing bag (if I was patient I could just wait til next time I go to work!) so I think I'll just go into my bathroom with the lights out! Well...here goes nothing.

I haven't had any trouble with my holga rolling un-tightly except that Fuji film I had two rolls of. All of my Arista or Ilford film has rolled up just fine.

Good luck, Corry!

Most reactions

Back