Im sick, a bad case of NAS

JimmyO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I called the doctor, he said buy a D1H and call him in the morning.

So i did:D

I paid $300, its in great shape. Cant wait for it to come in, should be here around Monday.

Ive been looking around for some old lenses also. I really look for forward to not being limited to AF-S lenses. Im interested in the old E series lenses. I hear there very sharp, but i cant find if they are AF or not. If not its not a big deal.

Well...

The main reason is the benefits of it being a "pro" camera. So like the second shutter release, the faster fps, the large buffer, and the tank like build. Then ive found out it really bring out the colors in a pictures without any PP. I also dont want to be limited with lens choices as i AM with d40x. I will keep my d40x for shots which might need enlargements.

Most of my photography is sports/action so thats why i wanted all this.

Thanks sabbath.
I dont really see anything wrong with getting one, there almost free on ebay.

Well...

The main reason is the benefits of it being a "pro" camera. So like the second shutter release, the faster fps, the large buffer, and the tank like build. Then ive found out it really bring out the colors in a pictures without any PP. I also dont want to be limited with lens choices as i AM with d40x. I will keep my d40x for shots which might need enlargements.

Most of my photography is sports/action so thats why i wanted all this.

Well, I can see a few of the features that could come in handy in sports/action photography, but with only 2.7 megapixels, all you really got was a high FPS. And noise control on it is going to be horrible compared to your D40x. IMO the only reason most buy this camera is because they want to look professional.
But.... I'm not going to lie, I got a grip for my D200 mainly because it made my camera more badass.;) sure it comes with those extra features, but the camera "looks" more "pro"

I just think that you would be much better off saving your money and getting a used D200, or if thats too much, even a D80. Both of those cameras kick the D1H's butt.

Oh yea and if you want your images to be vivid, try downloading GIMP... Heck even Picasa does saturation and contrast control.

Haha, after all, if u cant take nice pics, just look like you can. But i dont really agree with you. I did alot of research before buying this. The small MP isnt really a big deal, i print stuff out much, and when i do its pretty small.

Haha, after all, if u cant take nice pics, just look like you can. But i dont really agree with you. I did alot of research before buying this. The small MP isnt really a big deal, i print stuff out much, and when i do its pretty small.

Haha thats right!:lol:
Well, then it should work fine for ya.

Not to mention you can invest in a program like Genuine Fractals that can up-size your pics nicely for larger prints.

Good for you buyin a D1h, after looking on ebay myself they are quite cheap.

Would you mind doing some resolution tests for us? In example; put your D40 on a tripod in manual mode and take a picture, then put your D1h on the tripod with the exact same settings. Maybe try out the different ranges of ISO's to compare with your D40? That would certainly be interesting.

I hope the camera works out nicely, tell us how you like it.

Good on you Jim. Logic does prevails by the look of it - only every now and then though. :D

They are/were good cameras, but there is a reason they are reasonable... its becuase the technology is such that a D80 (maybe even a D40), outperforms them in terms of IQ and results.

I know a few pros that still use them and swear by them, but welcome to the wonderful world of technology... where generational improvements are quite noticeable... and where 3-4 generations make such a diff, that the entry level cameras of today are better than what most of the best pro level cameras were available back then.

All that said... as long as YOU are happy, thats all that matters.

Good on you Jim. Logic does prevails by the look of it - only every now and then though. :D

I meant to say i say DONT print out much. I make typos like this alot, its annoying.

Not to mention you can invest in a program like Genuine Fractals that can up-size your pics nicely for larger prints.

Good for you buyin a D1h, after looking on ebay myself they are quite cheap.

Would you mind doing some resolution tests for us? In example; put your D40 on a tripod in manual mode and take a picture, then put your D1h on the tripod with the exact same settings. Maybe try out the different ranges of ISO's to compare with your D40? That would certainly be interesting.

I hope the camera works out nicely, tell us how you like it.

I will and i look forward to it! Ill keep you guys updated

Cool, not bad for $300. It would be kinda fun to have a pro body camera for those times when non-weatherproof cameras might have issues.

Most reactions

Back