Image enlarging question

KTphotog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I had an epiphany! Ask this question on a forum where there are hundreds of photographers. Then at least one would know the answer for what we have all gone through as photographers at least once in our life. I have been searching for quite a while to a heaven sent for this question.

At least I think I am not the only one with bad luck like this.

My PC crashed. I recovered much. But I lost a photo that I am dying to get back. I have one copy that was re sized for online format.

Is there any professional software that I can get it back to size it for print so I can print it? As it is it would be impossible to print as is. Ex: It was 6MB size and after re size it was 717k. It is really a beautiful piece. Well I think so anyway. lol

Many moons ago I saw a stock company that mentioned software like this, as they did not accept anything lower than their standard number. However I can no longer find that link as I can't remember the stock company.

Heeeeeeeeeeelp. I would so appreciate it. More than you know! Thanks in advance.

Depends on whow it was resized, but you have lost a lot of information. Did you maintain the resolution? What is the resolution in PPI now and what is the number of horizontal and vertical pixels? You may be able to get a good print out of it if it doesn't have to be a larger print.

take a look at Genuine Fractals from ONOne software company

take a look at Genuine Fractals from ONOne software company

+1

Works incredibly well.. uses voodoo...!

Photoshop can do a decent job of up-sizing an image...but Genuine Fractals is the best option.

Alien Skin has a program called Blow Up. I haven't used it, but I have seen good reviews on it.

I wouldn't be holding out much hope on upsizing a file of 717kb to anything above double that regardless how much you pay for software, you've discarded too much information. This is why I shoot and keep raws archived, jpeg is useless for anything other than final output, shoot raw, convert to tiff or psd, keep these files intact for serious editting then when your done convert to jpeg and have a lab print it out as a "real" photograph. H

Most reactions

New Topics

Back