Image Problems

denboy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a Nikon D7000 and i have vertical lines on the jpeg file but not the nef file. Any advice on what the problem could be . The 1st image is a jpeg ,3rd image is a nef file converted to jpeg .Middle image happens occasionally at times when i view image on camera screen
DSC_8322.jpg
DSC_8271-iloveimg-converted.jpg
DSC_8322 copy.jpg

Holy s##t it can conjure a Tinkerbell lunchbox! First pic is very odd. Did you just buy this camera? Does it produce those same lines with other lenses as well? I'm interested to see what is happening

It might be a faulty card, but that would not explain the faultless nef-mmmh. Have you tried changing the SD card, after formatting the card in camera?

I have tried several SD cards also done a firmware update, tried other lenses. Still the same lines on images but only jpeg images.

Just pain weird.. maybe a full factory reset?have you tried contacting Nikon? I've heard they actually have decent support

You don't have something crazy like multiple exposure turned on do you?

I had an old Sony superzoom camera do this same thing following water damage.

I suspect something is amiss with your camera's electronics.

I would try different software to convert the file. Not sure what your using as you didn't say. If your not using the Nikon software included with the camera, start there because it will not cost you anything. IF you are, try downloading an updated version of it or an open source conversion like darktable. You could also upload the NEF file somewhere and see if it can be successfully converted by someone else. Try the simple things first to narrow down issue.

My first thought seeing these is that the sensor is going bad but narrow it down to confirm it's the camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back