Image quality question

Please post some of the pics?! I am very interested in the file size vs quality issue myself. I have a Sony a200 and shoot in Jpeg fine, usually just out of convenience. It is just easier to copy to a disc and let friends edit them to their liking. I am quite often photographing friends kid's activities and they are really expecting a lot less quality than I deliver...free of charge. I consider it a great learning experience and a fun social event. And yes, I do delete the bad shots first. Their 4x6 prints are way above acceptable snapshot quality. But even then the file sizes are very large. When I take personal "important" (i.e. printable ) shots, I use both RAW and jpeg fine. It does allow me to be a lot more flexible with a picture before the printing process. Which brings me to another question...Who is YOUR favorite print service? Or do you "Go it alone"?

If you send me your address i'll send you a 4 gig SD

Carol,

You might want to review these links before you go :)

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...05-how-take-good-zoo-pictures-sabbath999.html

Welcome

I moved here from Philly. I love the Philly zoo. The most important thing is for you to have fun :)

Thanks Ian. I agree that the fun factor is the most important thing for me right now. I have not been to the Philly zoo in over 10 years and I'm really looking forward to the new big cat habitat.:D

DScience - thanks for the offer, thats very kind, but we're going tomorrow. Thanks for the thought though.:hug::

blakjak8 - If i decide to shoot anything with the medium file size, which is doubtful, I'll post a side by side comparison. As far as a favorite print service - I don't use one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back