Image size for magazines

hbradshaw

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello:

I'm submitting some photos to a magazine. They are requiring the image size to be 300 dpi (4x6). I'm using Lightroom 3 to process my photos. How do I save my processed photo into the required image size?

Thanks for the help.

If I really need a specific size I usually create a new image of those exact sizes and just paste the photo in it because it gives me good control over the composition issues.
I'm not sure how Lightroom works though, it's not really for creating new images but there might be a resize image and a resize canvas options which you could use.

Hello:

I'm submitting some photos to a magazine. They are requiring the image size to be 300 dpi (4x6). I'm using Lightroom 3 to process my photos. How do I save my processed photo into the required image size?

Thanks for the help.
DPI is a printer setting....what you mean is Pixels Per Inch (PPI).

As mentioned, is the export dialog in LR, there is the option to set the size and resolution of the file. Although, the resolution setting doesn't really matter, as long as the size is correct. So what they are looking for here, is 1200 x 1800 pixels.

in the Develop Module, hit R. it opens up the crop tool. to the side of the rulers there should be an image of a lock. to the left of that it should say original. click that and set the aspect ration you were looking for or create ur own

If you are sending the photos electronically, the PPI is meaningless. PPI only has meaning for prints.

The magazine will use whatever PPI value they need. I bet the magazine called it dpi, even though that is technically the wrong term to use.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back