Image Theft | Copyright | Intellectual Property

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am done here.

You haven't put up a picture yet, how can you be done here? Oh, that's how... you can't post a picture I can't steal.

NOW you're done. :lmao:

You're an idiot lol

If I post an image to TPF I am constrained to their security and server setup. Not my own. Seriously, how did you get through puberty? :lol:

As for everyone else claiming I should post the address of an image that you cannot steal... I don't investigate the security of every image vendor so I don't know a particular file path for you to navigate to. However I am sure that there are images embedded on websites that are beyond the ability of anyone on these forums to steal.

Now I believe I have given you more than enough techniques (programming, encryption, file permissions, image disguise etc) to protect your work. This argument (for me) is finished unless someone (obviously not Rekd) can post up exactly how to circumvent every technique I listed.

But none of you can.

Goodnight.

Rekd - keep striving mate. It's working for ya.

You can't prove your idiotic point so you resort to calling me an idiot? Wow. Just wow.

And for the record, I did not say to post a picture to TPF. You can post it anywhere on the web and I'll be able to take it if I want. That's my point. Hell, for that matter, just tell me where there's an image I can't steal. That should make it simple enough for you.

However I am sure that there are images embedded on websites that are beyond the ability of anyone on these forums to steal.

If you're so sure, prove it. Really. Prove it. Stop calling names, stop saying it can't be done, and prove it already. Anyone can say anything on the internet. I'm saying I can steal any image I can see, you're saying I can't.

Now I believe I have given you more than enough techniques (programming, encryption, file permissions, image disguise etc) to protect your work. This argument (for me) is finished unless someone (obviously not Rekd) can post up exactly how to circumvent every technique I listed.

But none of you can.

YOU are the one that said it could be done. If you can't prove it, it's just meaningless talk. Just smoke & mirrors.

YOU said that YOU knew how to do it. Show us.

Believe me, if you're right, everyone here would be very interested.
Hell, you could probably even become a millionaire with that kind of product.

Give us the link to your website. Hell, just give us the name of it - we can google it and get there on our own.

You make a lot of fantastic claims, but you have yet to show us anything. Nobody is going to take you seriously if you can't even provide one single link that employs some of the techniques you describe.

Read my post again. I said I don't know one. I have never tried to steal an image so therefore I have not got a handy list of well-locked server boxes to give to you.

But I have put out a challenge here -

If anyone can list each technique that I have posted and demonstrate the code that can be used to circumvent it then I will admit defeat. If not I guess it's quiet time for most of you.

for those of you claiming I have not 'done anything' I believe, nay I can SEE, that I gave you the techniques and in some cases the CODE with which it could be done.

So. Quiet time.

Read my post again. I said I don't know one. I have never tried to steal an image so therefore I have not got a handy list of well-locked server boxes to give to you.

But I have put out a challenge here -

If anyone can list each technique that I have posted and demonstrate the code that can be used to circumvent it then I will admit defeat. If not I guess it's quiet time for most of you.

for those of you claiming I have not 'done anything' I believe, nay I can SEE, that I gave you the techniques and in some cases the CODE with which it could be done.

So. Quiet time.

You are very confidant in something you have never tried to prove. Or even seen proven for that matter. How does that work?

Seriously, you can't do it. You (or anyone else) cannot post an image on the internet that is unable to be stolen.

It. Cannot. Be. Done.

Period.

(As a friendly aside, the more you try to say it CAN be done by posting useless code and not giving EVEN ONE EXAMPLE makes you look more foolish and ignorant.)

So

1. Embed inside a flash file
2. Disable/modify context menus
3. Display photographic images inside password protected viewing sites
4. Paste a transparent image inside a Div container over the image
5. Watermarking visually
6. Disable context menu combined with
a. Unreadable source code
b. Encrypted source code (filepath cannot be retrieved)
c. Print Screen disabled via overflow
d. Image divided into 1000 sections which have to be individually electronically restitched

So there you go. List the ways. I have listed the techniques that could be used to prevent image theft. You list the ways that you could circumvent them.

Sounds fair.

OK, without having any real examples to look at - worst case scenario-

What stops me from just taking a picture of my monitor? Results would likely still be better than a print screen.

Like I said: If I can see it, I can steal it.

Yes, it would probably look like crap. Yes, I have seen worse than that hanging in cubicles. "Crap" to you is "OK" for someone else, lol.

There are more ways to print screen than using the PrtScrn button. Many apps will do this ( some will do it in much better quality than the keyboard button), and stopping them all is going to be impossible.

Anything else you'd like to try to worm out of your precarious predicament of looking extremely foolish?? (Without calling people names, that is...)

:greenpbl:

Last edited:

What stops me from just taking a picture of my monitor? Results would likely still be better than a print screen.

Yes, it would probably look like crap. Yes, I have seen worse than that hanging in cubicles. "Crap" to you is "OK" for someone else, lol.

:D *speechless*

:peacemrgreen:

I admit defeat.

Have you ever been on the Krypton Factor?

REKD: Get a life. Either post a real solution or get lost. I listed 10 techniques and you have come back with

Ummm I think I heard about this program once..yeh...it was called...wait a minute it will come to me..yeh my babysitter told my dog about it...I think...yeh. So that's how I would break into Fort Knox and steal the Mona Lisa. I would use that.

:D *speechless*

:peacemrgreen:

I admit defeat.

Have you ever been on the Krypton Factor?

REKD: Get a life. Either post a real solution or get lost. I listed 10 techniques and you have come back with

Ummm I think I heard about this program once..yeh...it was called...wait a minute it will come to me..yeh my babysitter told my dog about it...I think...yeh. So that's how I would break into Fort Knox and steal the Mona Lisa. I would use that.

LoL. Epic fail. :lol:

So that's a no then?

Final answer?

Phone a friend?

Ask the audience?

I thought so. REKD you got nothing. Posting Epic Fail after I listed 10 techniques and you have posted precisely none. What planet do you live on?

Some light reading for you...

It's not just me, it's all these people below who offer suggestions to protect your images on line telling you in no uncertain terms that:

YOU CANNOT STOP IMAGES FROM BEING STOLEN. PERIOD.

Image Protection - How to Prevent Image Theft

10+ Ways To Protect Images From Being Stolen

How to Prevent Your Digital Photos from Being Stolen on the Internet | eHow.com

Prevent Image Theft : Total Guide : iWizard

Flickr: The Help Forum: How do I prevent my photos from being downloadable in google images?

o2b.net : Tim Murtaugh » Blog Archive » Protecting Your Assets: Seven techniques to help prevent image theft.

MooTools 1.2 Image Protector: dwProtector (read the comments about firebug)

Protecting Your Images on the Web

There are several FREE programs that will copy screens without being affected by the web page. There are even more that you can buy for very cheep that will do it.

Now, about your epic fail... do you really want to continue making yourself look like this in front of so many people that know better? Or will you finally admit that I'm right and you're wrong...? Way wrong.

Cooler King...your saying if you use one or all of those techniques that i cannot grab the image from your site? lol I can put up $1000.00(us) right now that i can.

I dont steal images...but to me your saying it cannot be done from pulling off a site. Correct?

btw: ive been building websites and using photoshop since 4.0 came out. I'm almost 27 and I made my first website at 15. I know my way around the "i-world" lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back