Image upload impossible?

Peter42

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ipernity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Peter42, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Also im not allowed to upload pictures, in new threads and in answers to resident threads.
If i have not explored all edges of this forum, to find the answer, please have time with me. Please tell me, how to upload Pictures here, without storing them on websites ,where they can be deleted for unknown reasons.
In my moderated Forum its not a good sign, to have my pics only inserted by links, we like to have the threads being working, without the flickr or Imagehack etc.
Some hints?

Greetings peter

never had shots deleted off photobucket or flickr - and only times I ever hear of it happening on flickr are when you either post stolen images or when you post a innapropriate content.
(ps I do not encourage photographers to sign up to photobucket - go for flickr or imageshack).

As for this website you cannot upload images unless you pay for a subscribers account - otherwise you have to host offsite

The majority of members here have their photos hosted off-site. The resources required to host all the photos here would have to be enormous and expensive.

That being said, we do allow members to become subscribers for a fee. This gives them their own gallery space, the ability to upload images directly, access to a special section and maybe a few other perks.

Thanks for answers,
thats not quite clear, if a new member starts, but now im in with the rules. What if, a user stores his photos on his homepage and this homepage is deleted? Did you delete than the posting with the missing pic´s ?

Im working as a mod in a german forum, there are some big discussions about, if a member leaves the forum, closes all connections to his server, all the trheads has to be removed or edited, while all pics are lost, sometimes its a lot work, if he was a poweruser.
If my question is only some kind of cold coffe for you, place a link for me, im not a friend for searching and reentering older postings.

greetings peter

It does happen that people move or delete their hosted photos...which leaves the post here on the forum, pictureless. However, it has never really been a problem. The threads have usually gone cold by that time anyway.

Ok, Sentence stored, google word locked, Bot is searching new areas, but i decided, to have a rest at here, mom, what R2D2 saying, no, he´s dreaming.

I´ve got it now, thanks for answers.
greetings peter

Most reactions

New Topics

Back