Imagery...

Yemme

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I posted this in another thread and It got me thinking about imagery. What caught your eye when you were a child? One that was so beautiful it stuck in your mind, you never forgot it. I'm not sure if it's only pictures, I say anything, maybe even a painting. Do you recall any from childhood? And... If your a car fanatic then I'll accept cars ...:lol:

That a photographer who's image I loved passed away in 2008 :(. It's really wired because I tried to find out about him last year but I couldn't find anything online. When I was a little girl I would look up at a picture that my dad had, It's one of those images as a kid you look at and you get this feeling of joy. It was a portrait of a woman and I wanted to be her or like her in my mind. I was maybe 6 years old and I knew it was beautiful. My dad gave it to me when I was got older because he knew I loved it so much. It's now hanging in my living room. It's old now and It's damaged a bit but I love it all the same. The Photographers name is Ken Ramsay and the image is called The Head. Something said look for him online again because I've been harassing TriniPhototakeoutta for some shots since he's in Jamaica. It's just sad news... :(. I'm so sorry he's passed on.

Here's the image it's not a large scale shot but It's such a bold image.
the_head.jpg (image)

This is a blog I found
:: Ken Ramsay - Dare to Dream - Photography ::

I guess my images I remember from early childhood would mainly be paintings, but in later childhood memories of images that stick in my mind are Challenger exploding, the Berlin Wall and probably most poignantly Tianemen Square - all pretty depressing but then I am a dark kind of person!

Photographs of Audrey Hepburn appealed to me when I was very young (long before they became a fashion statement on every Tom Dick and Harry's Handbag). The glamour and crispness of the shots appealed to me.

Thank you Bee Bee. I thought no one was going to respond.:lol:

Tianemen Square that image/video I will never forget!

I know what you mean about Hepburn... So many actors who did shots like James Dean stay in my mind, the B/W. But I really love old movie posters.. Not sure if it's the colors or the fonts that I love.

Oh well, Thanks for posting.

I do love the colours in the 50's and 60's! I think with the Hepburn shots it had a lot to do with how they were lit etc - they always looked so clear skinned and young! xxx

I remember the movie "The Picture of Dorian Gray"... As a kid watching it I was scared as hell but in some scenes I remember thinking what a lovely portrait. The shadow and light. It was just grand. I think I might have to rent that movie haven't seen it in ages.

At 0:58 and 1:58... Love it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was always more about sounds/music and smells (my first whiff of yeast rolls baking in the school cafeteria on my very first day of kindergarten is the stuff of dreams).

But this painting has always intrigued me since my earliest childhood memories.

Picasso_three_musicians_moma_2006.jpg

The One thing that I loved was the scratch and sniff....:lmao:
stickers.jpg

LuckySo-n-So, That is a very interesting painting. Do you do any photography collages. Maybe you can try to replicate it with some of your shots. I think we are influenced by our surroundings to create. Some people don't even realized it.

Thanks for your post.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back