In 4 days, I netted 30,000

pbelarge

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
In the last 4 days, I have spent many hours (I think about 45) deleting shots I have taken since 2004.
I used to keep everything, and I would shoot some things 10 times. I also got rid of shots I used to think were cool, and now realize they are not even good as snapshots. I am not finished, I have 70,000 left, and hope to cull that down to about 40,000. I have them all in 263 folders. The folders are well organized, that was probably the only part I did well.

There is a huge difference in the quality of my 'now' shots as opposed to some I took even just months ago. I am improving, I need to take less shots to get more these days. :mrgreen:
All of you here have helped me one way or another, so I thank you!!!

Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop. - Ansel Adams

Ansel did not have a digital camera...:mrgreen:

Not that I even have 12 significant shots yet.

Looking at where I am now as opposed to where I was when I purchased my camera in September is amazing. I go through and delete from time to time, especially when I was trigger happy/just learning about the excitement of continuous shutter...

Deleting is very cathartic to me, as is shooting!! Better than my classmates who find their outlet in the bottom of a bottle...

I'm in the same situation right now, but I find that even in camera, I keep deleting shots after I take them because they just don't feel up to par. This has been a recent thing and I think it's partly because everything I'm taking photos of has been really boring. I think I need to go on vacation or something so I can shoot something new...

What do the rest of you do when you run out of "inspiration". I'm just not seeing anything through the photographers eye lately.

...Purging. I have been avoiding this so long, and now it's a really daunting task...

Most reactions

Back