Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
California Poppy Reserve - Antelope Valley, CA
780-r8004.jpg

780-r7991.jpg

780-r7931.jpg

389-r7988.jpg

Now, I know what you're asking yourself: Did he fire six shots or only five?

I like number 3 most no doubt. But in general I like flowers so they are all good except the last one, can't see a thing in there.

#1 is da bomb, awesome shots!

thanks for your comments.

Hey! I live there!

In San Jose for school, but Palmdale is my hometown.

Meant to go to the Poppy Reserve when I was on spring break, but never got the chance, sadly.

Wow, they are great. Like them a lot. I would also do a shot looking from the ground up. I bet that would be a nice perspective too. :)

Wow very nice soo dainty they are..
I hope you didn't tread on any!! :/ lol

Thanks again everyone. I think it's just coming up on peak blossom there. I had a friend that went out the week before and said there wasn't as much then.

Anyway, no wildflowers were killed or injured during this project :) All shots inside the preserve were taken from the paths and even minimum impact on the paths when I layed down to get many of the shots.

Something I found out a few years ago; When I do this type of shooting, in the high winds and from ground level, I wear an over-sized sweat shirt. I can let the sleeves slide over my hands negating the need for gloves when walking in the chilly wind or getting down or up off the ground. The sweatshirt thickness also makes it comfortable to lie flat on the dirt/weeds/sticks in a prone, rifleman type position, to use my elbows to stablize the camera. No tripod that way. The sweatshirt can get a bit hot in the sun, but being loose it is easy to ventilate while walking in the wind.

I'm very much into -leave no trace- photography.

Anyway, no wildflowers were killed or injured during this project :)
Too funny!!

I have never seen an orange poppy before I like the other flowers around them it compliments them.

1 is just superb

the impact in the last shot is great :thumbup:

Too funny!!

I have never seen an orange poppy before I like the other flowers around them it compliments them.

Thank you!!! Usually I like the depth of field to be all the way, like I used to see down my teacher, Ms. Timmons', dress in the sixth grade when she'd lean over to whisper to me to "behave." But, this time since the wind was blowing so hard, I decided to try different aperture settings and limit the effective view.

Most reactions

Back