In need of a camera for backpacking/trekking/kayakking trips, feedback needed

Cingen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey all!

One of my biggest hobbies is trekking on multiple day trips with nothing but my backpack. During these trips you often see beautiful parts of nature and I decided that I need a camera to capture these moments.

I'll be using this camera on long hikes, so it shouldn't be too big so I can easily fit it in my backpack. The possibility to easily purchase extra batteries for it will be another big plus.
The biggest criteria I have though: it needs to be waterproof for my kayakking trips. Another nice bonus would be the option to take pretty nice pictures in low light conditions for when I'm sitting at a campfire, or for when I want to take a picture of the night sky.

A few of the cameras I got in mind are the Olympus TG 1 (this one is around the top of my pricerange aswell), the Nikon Coolpix AW100 and lastly the Panasonic FT4. I'm currently leaning mostly towards the Olympus TG 1 since I read alot of good reviews about it (even though it's colors aren't top notch.)

Now my question is, which of these cameras takes the highest quality pictures? Or do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Most reactions

Back