In need of help deciding...

Which photo is the strongest?

Votes: 16 50.0%

Votes: 5 15.6%

Votes: 6 18.8%

Votes: 3 9.4%

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters
Are you hiring? I got a hat for winning a competition at my job.

For those of you who asked about the third having both of them with eye contact...

464280_240311646079144_1660183425_o.jpg

Hard to say with out knowing the contest runners, I would go with #1.

The reason #3 works is because they're not making eye contact.

I guess I'm alone on this one. #1 is not a good choice for entry. I like the image. Just not for competition.

I'm weird... My favorite is 2... cause I love the light.

HOWEVER... knowing what I know about your company............

They're gonna like 1... maybe 3.

1 because it's a candid moment with a child, where his expression is good and his eyes are "smiling"

3 because it's a genuine moment where you caught the bride connecting to the camera...

...but I still think they'd probably go more for 1.

I think.

For those of you who asked about the third having both of them with eye contact...

464280_240311646079144_1660183425_o.jpg

I just happened to see this cause it flipped me to page 3 after I posted my last post...

That's the only reason I don't think they'd go for 3... because dude isn't looking up. And you KNOW how big they are on... smiling eyes and contact... :lol:

JacaRanda said:
I voted for #1 and #3. #1 cute as can be and makes me smile cheek to cheek. #3 I keep thinking of what the groom is thinking or feeling with his held down like that. Good vibes with that one.

Wow, not a typo but straight out skip a word. S/B head held down. Even with no eye contact, I sense a bashful guy, extremely happy about what has just happened.

JacaRanda said:
Wow, not a typo but straight out skip a word. S/B head held down. Even with no eye contact, I sense a bashful guy, extremely happy about what has just happened.

I actually didn't have any problem understanding your post. Thanks for clearing it up though!

I thought you had a great one from that wedding with them in a boat...why didn't that one make the list?

Pallycow said:
I thought you had a great one from that wedding with them in a boat...why didn't that one make the list?

Which one was it? The first one made the bride cry when I delivered it to her. The second one I like for the symmetry and the crowd in the background.
$image-3909669702.jpg
$image-622387051.jpg

I don't feel that I have any right to judge on a technical and or artistic level. I do think that they are all lovely in their own way and your an inspiration to look up to for your photographic skills. For me the one that I prefer is number 5.
Which ever photo you choose good luck!

shefjr said:
I don't feel that I have any right to judge on a technical and or artistic level. I do think that they are all lovely in their own way and your an inspiration to look up to for your photographic skills. For me the one that I prefer is number 5.
Which ever photo you choose good luck!

Wow! Thank you John! I appreciate you commenting and offering your thoughts!

I liked #1, but feel the highlights are what I come to understand as overblown. May be able to fix it with software & it'll be the best of the bunch. I voted #5 as it was the only one that looked "right" exposure, composition, contrast, colors.... I think it will score the highest. If you could tone down the highs on #1, it would be a very strong image & capable of winning a photo contest, where I really don't think the others would.

But I haven't judged any contests so grain of salt & all that.

...i,too,like the color version of 3 better.....both for being in color,and both subjects making eye contact....................but what do i know

Most reactions

Back