Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Seed at the Eden Project, Cornwall...

1356524169_b6b9757737_o.jpg

Thanks Anty. I knew when I saw this, that it was destined to become (yet another) B&W image, and given the way it's been set in the room with the natural lighting above it, the shadow play around the room gave it the most wonderful texture. Very difficult to believe that it weighs 70 tonnes, but then that's granite for you. Standing next to it though, you do feel thoroughly dwarfed.

Here's some more infomation on the piece - Seed Sculpture

Nice shadows and light and all that.

Hey, thanks for the link Chris. I hadn't heard of this project. Certainly a labour of love to have carved all those nodules onto the granite.

Doesn't look like a place most get to visit.

Well since the Eden Project opened in 2001 (I think), millions of people have visited. It's open to anyone who wants to travel down there. The seed is in the centre of a building called The Core, which I think is primarily part of the educational side of the project. If you follow that link back to the home page, you should be able to read lots of stuff about what the Eden Project is all about. At its simplest, they took a disused china clay quarry and turned it into the most spectacular garden, including what is recognised in the Guinness Book of Records as the worlds largest conservatory. Try this link to their FAQs

Hey, thanks for the link Chris. I hadn't heard of this project. Certainly a labour of love to have carved all those nodules onto the granite.

They screen a regular film on how the seed was made in The Core. You're not wrong about it being a labour of love, but the process was probably more mechanised than you'd think.

wonderful picture. Love the different lines and textures.

somehow, I don't know why, the only thing that seems out of place is the little round shadow in the right lower corner.

pascal

wonderful picture. Love the different lines and textures.

somehow, I don't know why, the only thing that seems out of place is the little round shadow in the right lower corner.

pascal

Thanks. I'd noticed that (and the one top right), but my PS skills are non existant where cloning is concerned. I think it's the shadow of someone's head looking down on it from above.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back