What's new

In the Fire

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
6,593
Reaction score
3,719
Location
Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
After I built a fire today I grabbed my camera ;)
Here are my favourites.
Would love to hear your thoughts!
Thanks for taking a look :)


These first two stood out, the last one is much more subtle but cool if you let your mind wander!

Fire Cat










Fire Nymph








Lifetime of Pain
 
All are wonderful. I don't know why, but your best pictures are always on the border of abstract.
 
What were you burning? You certainly seem to have set a spirit free in #2. Very interesting.
 
Fire shots are tough to critique. There's a huge element of chance. And yet, we all know the enchantment that comes while staring into the flames of a campfire. So ephemeral, and delicate, and yet so eye-catching. Each is a little different. A grass fire has a different look, smell, feel than a branch fire, which is again different from a log fire. The burst of light at the beginning is so different from the tranquil glow at the end. You've caught the everchanging essence.
 
I see a fierce, snarling cougar in the first shot! Abstract, of course. These appear to have just the right exposure for the flames. My experience is that when one over-exposes fire, it tends to shift to an ugly yellowish-hued mess...these maintain the right orange-ish color! In the second one, I see an evil seprent's eyes and snout. The third one I do not like much. Still, these are kinda' neat.
 
Thanks!
All are wonderful. I don't know why, but your best pictures are always on the border of abstract.
Thanks Timor, I love playing with that border ;)
What were you burning? You certainly seem to have set a spirit free in #2. Very interesting.
Thanks Fred :) Just wood in the woodstove, this stuff is pretty dry though and burns fast but pretty, I played with the flue until I got a nice "flow".
Fire shots are tough to critique. There's a huge element of chance. And yet, we all know the enchantment that comes while staring into the flames of a campfire. So ephemeral, and delicate, and yet so eye-catching. Each is a little different. A grass fire has a different look, smell, feel than a branch fire, which is again different from a log fire. The burst of light at the beginning is so different from the tranquil glow at the end. You've caught the everchanging essence.
Thanks Paul :) So true, it isn't much of a surprise that fire fascinates us.
I see a fierce, snarling cougar in the first shot! Abstract, of course. These appear to have just the right exposure for the flames. My experience is that when one over-exposes fire, it tends to shift to an ugly yellowish-hued mess...these maintain the right orange-ish color! In the second one, I see an evil seprent's eyes and snout. The third one I do not like much. Still, these are kinda' neat.
Thanks Derrel :) May I ask did you find the faces in #3? ;)
 
Thanks Nandakumar :)
 
:thumbup:
 
Thanks Charlie :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom