What's new

In the Mississippi Floodplain

Ysarex98 92

TPF Supporters
Joined
Nov 27, 2011
Messages
7,718
Reaction score
4,577
Location
St. Louis
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Stopped by Fluts Ill. yesterday am. It was overcast but with visible clouds. I caught some snapshots. Fuji X-T4 w/16-55mm

Saint Johns
Trees along the tracks
Small farm

Saint_Johns.jpg


trees-tracks.jpg


small-farm.jpg
 
Sweet shots. The land does look flat and lush, as you described being in the floodplain.

I like the look of the church. The tower roof looks like tin.
 
Sweet shots. The land does look flat and lush, as you described being in the floodplain.

I like the look of the church. The tower roof looks like tin.
With a population of 26 I'm surprised to find the church there at all. It's in some disrepair right now. I've seen it looking better. This below from April 2017.

St-johns.webp
 
Is this near Grafton? The farm looks familiar. I like that the clouds compliment the church in the first photo.
It's in the other direction -- south down Ill 3. Fluts is real easy to miss it's so small. The farm is back up the bluff rd. 1.5 miles north of town. Here's the Google map coordinates for Fluts: 38°09'56.1"N 90°12'50.6"W You say you're near St. Louis. I live on The Hill. Where's near St. Louis?
 
It's in the other direction -- south down Ill 3. Fluts is real easy to miss it's so small. The farm is back up the bluff rd. 1.5 miles north of town. Here's the Google map coordinates for Fluts: 38°09'56.1"N 90°12'50.6"W You say you're near St. Louis. I live on The Hill. Where's near St. Louis?
I am east of SIUe and a little south. Near corn fields and soy beans. Love Zia's on the Hill and the MO Baking Co
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom