What's new

In the theater

The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Joined
Dec 11, 2006
Messages
18,743
Reaction score
8,049
Location
Mid-Atlantic US
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I shot some publicity photos for a local rep theater last night.
When I've done this in the past, I usually see tech rehearsal first so I can anticipate where to be and when.
Well, that didn't happen so I ran like crazy for the first act trying to get decent shots.

The stuff on stage was a bit boring so I took some snaps of the off-stage stuff.

The Director this shot taught me that one can't shoot at ISO 10,000 and 1/10 expect much with an OMD 5.

p727746559-6.jpg


Stage Manager

p597495280-5.jpg
 
I actually like that first one, from an "artsy" viewpoint.
 
It reminds me of the texture you see on some oil paintings.
 
The Director this shot taught me that one can't shoot at ISO 10,000 and 1/10 expect much with an OMD 5??

Are you that hungry to press the button Traveler? With all your experience you don't know this already?? I have Leica M240 and MM. I wont shoot them over ISO 2500 if I can help it. they produce ugly pix above that. And I'm a doc photog not some landscaper with a tripod. If I was a landscaper the ISO would be way lower.

I wouldn't waste your time on these type of pix. They are not anything you would put in your portfolio. Spend you time on portfolio work not on junk shots. We must be cautious how we spend out time. I am very fussy what I shoot now, no time to screw around anymore. Your trying to be the jack of all trades, just stick with what you do best.
 
If you keep doing what you do, you'll keep getting what you've got.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #7
The Director this shot taught me that one can't shoot at ISO 10,000 and 1/10 expect much with an OMD 5??

Are you that hungry to press the button Traveler? With all your experience you don't know this already?? I have Leica M240 and MM. I wont shoot them over ISO 2500 if I can help it. they produce ugly pix above that. And I'm a doc photog not some landscaper with a tripod. If I was a landscaper the ISO would be way lower.

I wouldn't waste your time on these type of pix. They are not anything you would put in your portfolio. Spend you time on portfolio work not on junk shots. We must be cautious how we spend out time. I am very fussy what I shoot now, no time to screw around anymore. Your trying to be the jack of all trades, just stick with what you do best.

Since I don't know what my limits are, I like to keep on pushing at them.
And yes, I love to press that button.
And it is my time to waste.
 
The Director this shot taught me that one can't shoot at ISO 10,000 and 1/10 expect much with an OMD 5??

Are you that hungry to press the button Traveler? With all your experience you don't know this already?? I have Leica M240 and MM. I wont shoot them over ISO 2500 if I can help it. they produce ugly pix above that. And I'm a doc photog not some landscaper with a tripod. If I was a landscaper the ISO would be way lower.

I wouldn't waste your time on these type of pix. They are not anything you would put in your portfolio. Spend you time on portfolio work not on junk shots. We must be cautious how we spend out time. I am very fussy what I shoot now, no time to screw around anymore. Your trying to be the jack of all trades, just stick with what you do best.
Did Lew's taking this photograph somehow hurt or offend you? :icon_scratch:
 
ehh.

I waste time on junk shots.
good and bad.
good, it teaches you more and broadens your horizons maybe instead of just following the book. so you may be more adept or able to think on the fly in situations or have more experience in different things.

The bad, it does seem like it can cause you work (and your mind) to become messy to a extent as you aren't exactly following along on task within certain standards and parameters.

I kind of like the movie shot of the director even though it isn't that good. sure, the iso and noise aint that great but so what ,contrast and sharpness can be over rated it is a good example beyond the normal shooting for clarity and low iso.
 
I am not experienced like you Lew, but the first one has an artsy look to it.
 
The Director this shot taught me that one can't shoot at ISO 10,000 and 1/10 expect much with an OMD 5??

Are you that hungry to press the button Traveler? With all your experience you don't know this already?? I have Leica M240 and MM. I wont shoot them over ISO 2500 if I can help it. they produce ugly pix above that. And I'm a doc photog not some landscaper with a tripod. If I was a landscaper the ISO would be way lower.

I wouldn't waste your time on these type of pix. They are not anything you would put in your portfolio. Spend you time on portfolio work not on junk shots. We must be cautious how we spend out time. I am very fussy what I shoot now, no time to screw around anymore. Your trying to be the jack of all trades, just stick with what you do best.
Not everything has to go into a so-called "Portfolio" nor does everything have to be shot perfectly or for any particular reason. Sometimes photography is just "Fun". Some of us shoot purely and simply because we enjoy it and aren't trying to impress anyone.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom