In the woods

cartman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I would like you to tell me if this works at all.
Thanks for looking.

Not particularly. There's too much ivy on the right, the leaves in the foreground on the left are distracting, the focus is soft, and the pose is rather cliche.

So it sux.
Thank you.

That's just my personal opinion. There's no reason to delete the photo. Perhaps others on the site would have thought differently (they often do).

So it sux.
Thank you.

If you come to that opinion after one person's comments, then yea - you might want to refrain in future from posting pictures asking for criticism at all.

I came in here expecting a picture. The fact that you deleted it based on one person's opinions (who are so often negative) makes me want to never critique your work. Grow up.

Oh so we're blaming me now? :confused:

Whatever guys. I'm not taking responsibility for this one.

Well...there is no photo. I say you put it back up so others can give input, take that info with you back and re-shoot it. You can only improve with practice. Going back armed with a few other perspectives might make a world of difference to the end result!

Oh so we're blaming me now? :confused:

I'm not blaming you at all. I think you gave honest critique, and if someone can't handle it, that's just a damn shame. I wanted to see a picture, and because the original poster can't handle criticism at all, I don't get to see one. The problem wasn't the criticism Max, it was the original poster's inability to take it.

So I screwed up something in the hosting site. My bad, nothing to do with you guys. Did not think any one else was gonna wanna see it, so I started from scratch there. I can handle critique as well as the next guy, that is not the problem, my computer skills are. So back by popular demand...
Keppie149.jpg

I apologize for my screw up. Oh and relax sh!t happens.

I think you probably should have went with a vertical format.

I like the pose. I don't mind that the subject is centered (although it might also look nice off center), but the center split between darker background and very light background isn't working. In general I'd say that the bright background is too bright. My flavor for center composed subject would be to try and fill the background entirely with the ivy covered tree (wall?), probably a vertical. If that wasn't possible I'd swing the camera to the left, making the ivy cover about 1/4th to 1/3rd of the total background, and then burn in the bright background some to reduce the intensity of the brightness (I'd say the face should be the main light toned area), and burn the close up foliage on the left side to match the tonality of the ivy.

I like the composition and the models pose but I agree too much dead space on the sides for me it would look much nicer as a vertical /portrait crop.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back