Indian dog's last hours - C&C

kanhaiya16

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I came across this dog while taking pictures in Mathura, India. Would appreciate overall C&C, opinions. Thanks!

dog1.jpg

dog2.jpg

Sad to see,
but a Comment; i would liked to see some of the surrounding, to get the atmosphere.

I didn't know whether to crop the 2nd picture to include the trash in the background or not.

dog4.jpg

And it is very sad =\ , there are stray dogs everywhere in India...most of them unhealthy =[

Last edited:
I like number 2. The angle you shot from was good. I must agree with the rest, these shots made me sad a bit.

anything else i could do to improve the picture? or is it powerful enough as it is

I didn't know whether to crop the 2nd picture to include the trash in the background or not.

dog4.jpg

And it is very sad =\ , there are stray dogs everywhere in India...most of them unhealthy =[

It's like that in Italy too, they are all over the place. Yeah the background with the trash gives the picture more depth, what i mean is...that dog could be anywhere...in a city, in someone's back yard..etc..being abused...it tells a story.
a sad story :(

They're sad....Great photos? not really.....I don't know if i would have pulled out my camera if I saw a dog dieing.

looks like you were walking by and pulled out your cell phone and took pix of this dying dog for some kicks...

They're sad....Great photos? not really.....I don't know if i would have pulled out my camera if I saw a dog dieing.

Photojournalism is able to capture the action as it unfolds - the true emotions, the real expressions. I try to tell a story with my pictures. It helps if I don't let emotions interfere with the whole process.

Sorry if you're offended by the picture.

What's wrong with the picture from a technical standpoint?

I just want to give that dog a big bowl of food and water. Poor thing man. I think maybe a closer shot on it's face at a lower angle would of worked too, so you could see alot more of it's surroundings and the conditions that put him in that state. Although that would of made it even more sad. I wouldn't say theyre great photos, but they did make me feel a good amount of emotion which is what I like to see in photos.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back