Indigo Bunting

airgunr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This guy showed up at our feeder a couple of days ago. I ran and got my camera, mounted the lens & teleconverter put it on the tripod..... :confused:

By that time I only got a couple of real quick shots before he took off. I'm hoping he comes back sometime soon so I can get a better one of him.
22289210.jpg

80-400mm w/2x teleconverter for 800mm equivilent
Fuji NPC 160
f/5.6
1/30

Wow! Beautiful bird. :thumbup: I don't think we get them here, at least I've not seen one. Blue jays and bluebirds, yes, but not these.

Nice capture! :D

Thanks, it was getting late in the day, around 8pm, and I didn't have much light to work with. If I shot any slower and he would start to blurr. I'm watching out for him now. Hopefully he'll show up in nice bright sunlight!

wow! I've never seen a blue bird... what did you do to it?!?!? it is blue?!?! Normal birds are not blue!!!

That's his normal color, I think they are pretty cool.

I didn't do anything except scan the negative. No Photoshoping to him at all. They are not real common around here so he is a difficult capture. Especially since, so far, he seems to only come late in the day when it's getting dark.

His colours are amazing! I wish we had bird that bright over here!

mentos_007 said:
wow! I've never seen a blue bird... what did you do to it?!?!? it is blue?!?! Normal birds are not blue!!!
Parrots? Blue tits? :p :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back