Demers18

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a couple more photo's for CC.

This is a new building in town that I find the lighting and lines very interesting. I only had about an hour to shoot so I wasn't able to get everything shot I wanted but now I know the other vantage points of where I'd like to shoot.

#1 Linear - I like the lines and the colour.

6671624629_2ec52658e4_z.jpg
[/URL] _MG_0645-2 by lee.demers, on Flickr[/IMG]

Manual Mode - RAW
Shot with: EF - S55-250mm @ 250mm
f/11 - 4.0
ISO 100

#2 Angles - I liked the lines and the lighting in this shot again

6667976607_5fe5c09309_z.jpg
[/URL] _MG_0666 by lee.demers, on Flickr[/IMG]

Manual Mode - RAW
Shot with: EF - S55-250mm @ 214mm
f/11 - 6.0
ISO 200

Let me know what you all think ;)

Last edited:
Glad you did! These are worth looking at. I prefer the #1 shot and I would have cropped it a bit more to eliminate what is a distraction to me in the lower left corner. The colors are striking in both.

1 is good, but it doesn't really do much for me.

2 has more potential. Crop a bit off the left and I think it's a winner. Well done.

GeorgieGirl said:
Glad you did! These are worth looking at. I prefer the #1 shot and I would have cropped it a bit more to eliminate what is a distraction to me in the lower left corner. The colors are striking in both.

I was on the fence for that crop. So I decided to leave it as is to see what the CC would determine.

Thanks for taking the time to CC

1 is good, but it doesn't really do much for me.

2 has more potential. Crop a bit off the left and I think it's a winner. Well done.

I've been playing around with some cropping and I think I'm missing where you are thinking of cropping on the left side for #2.
Could show me what you mean?

Well I decided to take your advice and made a crop I think works a lot better. Aslo played a little in PP to bring out the blue even more and I think I found a winner :)

Let me know what you think of this edit.

6671288581_eaf5ea91c8_z.jpg
[/URL] _MG_0645-SP by lee.demers, on Flickr[/IMG]

I didn't see the original, but I like the edit.

(try not to remove originals so others can weigh in and see what you were working with.)

The second image up top is just too wide a shot for me. I am trying to find an appealing crop from it, but I am coming up empty handed.

I didn't see the original, but I like the edit.

(try not to remove originals so others can weigh in and see what you were working with.)

The second image up top is just too wide a shot for me. I am trying to find an appealing crop from it, but I am coming up empty handed.

I didn't mean to delete the original not sure what happened there, so I've posted it again.

I agree with you for the second one. I think I'm trying to show too much and blending too many concepts. If anything that shot should show the building in its entirety, unfortunately I didn't have enough time to make it to a spot where I could take a clear shot of it all. I plan to go back sometime in the near future.

Thanks for the CC, much appreciated.

That's for reposting it. I appreciate it.

Yeah, that little triangle in the bottom left added nothing.

Number two is in that no mans land. To much going on for an abstract detail shot, but not enough of it to understand the architecture.

You have a great subject to explore though, that's for sure!

#2 looks fine as-shown. Wonderful color in both these shots. Lots of strong lines.

Most reactions

Back