Individually sponsored contest by the_traveler

I saw all the rules but I wasn't sure if this contest had a focus topic like a technique or subject matter. I plan on participating and with a full month I'll have plenty of time to get out and experiment, but sometimes I find it easier to approach a challenge with a particular goal in mind versus anything goes.

The photo is whatever you like to shoot.

Just note the requirements for 10 pictures posted for c/c, 100 total posts and the photo(s) submitted for contest should not have been posted on TPF before.

I love the idea and I am new... but I'm more a lurker right now than anything. Thus, not qualified to enter.

But it is awesome! I look forward t seeing it play out!

Great idea Lew! Bravo!
(one of the rare times I curse living in Canada ;) )

With permission to share, here is my entry.

Mental illness is something that affects millions of people in America. The stigma attached to it makes it harder for people to ask for help when they need it. People are quick to judge parents and caretakers when something happens, but until then the "elephant in the room" is carefully avoided. This is a photo I took of an 18-year old girl who has lived with and been treated for depression, anxiety, and panic attacks since she was 15. It was taken approximately 5 weeks before she made an attempt at taking her life. The photo was left unedited (other than B/W conversion and crop) intentionally, begging the question "What do you see?"

What do you see? by Sheila Swindell, on Flickr

Well... I guess I joined the forum a little too late.

Excited to see the other photos, tho.

Note that we still have only 4 people entered and I planned that 5 should be the minimum for entering.

Please post a picture or two.

The second I saw Roxy in front of the screen, I knew what I wanted it to look like: texture in front of her, with the background darker. I did a little bit of editing to get it where it needed to be, but I had to work with what I had. Roxy never stands still.

Out the Screen Door
Roxy Screen TPF Portrait.jpg

EXIF:
Aperture Priority, Manual Focus
ISO200, 50 mm, f/2.5, 1/125-sec

This thread never finished. I will never get that hour back.

Most reactions

Back