Indoors ,parties, family pictures, HOW ?

mlotfi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,
I am not professional, but I like taking pictures for my family in every events , whenever I visit someone I have to take pictures, but always my pictures are BAD, please please , if some one here can teach me how to take nice indoors pictures, I will appreciate.

Last month, I visited my family in Morocco, they have a weeding , I's was big parties people are enjoying their time, dancing, I was taking pictures, at the end I found out that being there with lot of people has created fogs in the pictures, please how to deal with this situation too ?

Thanks

The fog happened because you went from cold condition (outside) to inside where it is warm and humid. The only way to fight that is to warm up your camera first. Let it sit for a while. That't just the way it is.

Hard to comment without any examples but problems with 'indoor' pictures are more often than not caused by underexposure. There simply isn't enough light for the camera settings used to provide a good exposure. You need to either add light via a flash or allow more of the available light to reach your sensor via slower shutter, higher iso or larger aperture.

The 'fog' you mention is hard to diagnose without an example of what you mean. Likely a lack of contrast and excessive noise caused by brightening an underexposed image in post processing.

Let others chime in as needed.

Basically, you need to learn how to do photography.

You need to understand shutter speed, lens aperture, ISO, lighting, focus modes, metering modes, white balance, composititon, etc..

If its all just for fun just throw a hot shoe flash on there and point it towards the ceiling or back to the left/up. Have fun.

I am new to photography myself but I will share what I do. If you are not well practiced in manual, use the auto modes but at the same time when you have time to play with your camera (ANY TIME AT ALL) play with the Manual controls in various conditions to see what will work and when changing the shutter speed and aperture what will happen.

Occasionally you may have to boost your ISO depending on the environment. Honestly I usually use my ISO more then I adjust anything else if I need a fast Shutter speed. At ISO 3200 my pictures are typically still usable. It's only at 6400 that I worry.

Mobile version- Get a good strobe (SB-700 or like a 430) and shoot TTL, put it on your camera, maybe pick up a diffuser like the garry fong unit (cause you will probably have issues bouncing is my guess), set your shutter for 1/200, then setting your aperture no lower than f/2.8 (up to maybe f/8 depending on ambient light) dial the rest in. Shoot, be mindful of recycle times.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back