Industry

Jim Walczak

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've had to stare at this shot for a few minutes now, thinking about how I might provide a response here. In one sense, I do very much like "the colors", however I find something about this image disturbing or unsettling. My initial sense of this image is that it almost presents something of a post-apocalyptic impression...the juxtaposition of the sky and even the foreground with the mid-ground/horizon, almost gives the shot...I dunno...I guess something of a "Mad Max" sort of feel to it. That's NOT to suggest that I think it's bad in any way and certainly not intended as any kind of insult...if anything I think I might suggest trying to push it even further with perhaps a bit more emphasis on the "industrial" feel of the photo. If you re-shoot this scene again, perhaps try to exploit that background/horizon a fair bit more.

I will say that on the one hand, it's not something that appeals to my own personal sense of aesthetics in general (in other words, I usually like "pretty pictures of pretty things", LOL), however again I did find myself staring at the image quite a bit...it does have a rather evocative quality to it and that alone makes it a pretty good shot and worthy of comment in my never so humble opinion.

OP
Daniel de Almeida Boavida
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've had to stare at this shot for a few minutes now, thinking about how I might provide a response here. In one sense, I do very much like "the colors", however I find something about this image disturbing or unsettling. My initial sense of this image is that it almost presents something of a post-apocalyptic impression...the juxtaposition of the sky and even the foreground with the mid-ground/horizon, almost gives the shot...I dunno...I guess something of a "Mad Max" sort of feel to it. That's NOT to suggest that I think it's bad in any way and certainly not intended as any kind of insult...if anything I think I might suggest trying to push it even further with perhaps a bit more emphasis on the "industrial" feel of the photo. If you re-shoot this scene again, perhaps try to exploit that background/horizon a fair bit more.

I will say that on the one hand, it's not something that appeals to my own personal sense of aesthetics in general (in other words, I usually like "pretty pictures of pretty things", LOL), however again I did find myself staring at the image quite a bit...it does have a rather evocative quality to it and that alone makes it a pretty good shot and worthy of comment in my never so humble opinion.

Thank you very Much Jim Appreciate the Reply. The Feel That i Wanna pass is "The burning World of Industry". That Should Be The Tittle.

Yhea I Think Its Kinda "Mad Max", Kinda Of Industry "Fall Out".

Yes i maybe in the future go back there when the Sky Looks appropriate to Shoot ;)

Most reactions