What's new

Inherited some old camera equipment (Minolta SRT100) - Questions

4Speed

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 26, 2012
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
New England
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm not into photography, but I inherited some equipment including an SRT100 Minoltra and what I presume are lenses. I was hoping someone could tell me what it's all worth (if anything). Below are some pictures. Thank you very much for any info you could provide:

20120512160908576.jpg


20120512160857912.jpg


20120822221730682.jpg


20120822221758254.jpg


20120822221913930.jpg
 
Last edited:
I inherited some equipment including an SRT100 Minoltra and what I presume are lenses.

Um.. they're definitely lenses....... what else could they be? Minus the new coffee mugs that look like lenses.. but that's pretty easy to rule out.. if you take off the caps.. can you pour liquid into it, or is there glass in the way..?
 
the Body goes for $20-$50ish on ebay. the lenses are in about the same range, depending on which lenses they are.
i see package deal on ebay for that body with several lenses for $60-$100ish on ebay right now.
your best bet is to look at each lens, and check ebay and craigslist in your area and get an idea what they go for individually. Then check ebay for package deals on that body and lenses and see what they have been selling for. (completed sales, not just listings)
 
the Body goes for $20-$50ish on ebay. the lenses are in about the same range, depending on which lenses they are.
i see package deal on ebay for that body with several lenses for $60-$100ish on ebay right now.
your best bet is to look at each lens, and check ebay and craigslist in your area and get an idea what they go for individually. Then check ebay for package deals on that body and lenses and see what they have been selling for. (completed sales, not just listings)

Thank you. I did check Ebay and saw basically what you referenced regarding the camera. But I wasn't sure if there was anything special about the rest of the equipment.
 
Assuming you can find (or modify) a battery for the meter, it would make a decent set for someone learning with film. I had a slightly newer model that I donated to a school.
 
Keep it and shoot with it.

Unless you really didn't give a rat's about whomever you inherited it from you'll get far more out of it by keeping it.

Really.

BTW those were really nice cameras and you'd enjoy using it.
 
Keep it and shoot with it.

Unless you really didn't give a rat's about whomever you inherited it from you'll get far more out of it by keeping it.

Really.

BTW those were really nice cameras and you'd enjoy using it.

Yeah I hear you. But I know next to nothing about photography; taking pictures of my hobbies with nice backgrounds using a point and shoot Canon is the extent of my knowledge.
 
it's not worth much in this digital marketplace and you don't intend to use it yourself so why not just donate it to a high school or college that offers photography courses including film photog. Then you can claim a little bit as a donation on your Fed. income taxes and somebody will get some use out of it. Make sure there's no film in it first before you do anything. There might be some family pics on a roll in there
 
Can we make a sticky about how to tell what old camera equipment people inherit, or whatever, is worth?
 
two of the "lenses" are teleconverters. im not sure what the other two are, as i cant see from the pictures.
ebay is still the best bet for pinning down a value since you can see what they area actually selling for.
craigslist is hit or miss.
 
Keep it and shoot with it.

Unless you really didn't give a rat's about whomever you inherited it from you'll get far more out of it by keeping it.

Really.

BTW those were really nice cameras and you'd enjoy using it.

Yeah I hear you. But I know next to nothing about photography; taking pictures of my hobbies with nice backgrounds using a point and shoot Canon is the extent of my knowledge.

It's not rocket science, do some reading on exposure and depth of field then go burn some film. Get the Wal-Mart Fuji 400 and have it developed and scanned (cheaper than having prints made) and throw the scans on your computer to see what you've done. At the very least you'll be thinking about whomever bequeathed it to you and will be able to enjoy some fond memories.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom