The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Inle is a large, very shallow lake in eastern Myanmar. The lake has many islands that started as floating mats and, as they are weighed down with dirt shoveled from the swamps all around the shores, become fertile fields. Eventually they sink to the shallow bottom and become islands where people erect houses and live.

1. The lake is famous for the fisherman who skull their shallow boats and maneuver their conical fish traps with their legs.

p662737824-5.jpg

2. Visitors explore the lake on long-tail boats, powered with loud and primitive diesel engines.

p939877191-5.jpg

3. The Intha people live in stilt houses on the lake and in the reed-filled swamps at its periphery.

p265470666-5.jpg

4. Because of the swamps that surround much of the lake, most transportation is by long-tail or flat boat that come in every size and every purpose from fishing to transportation to floating stores

p155556725-5.jpg

5. By the time we come back from our long excursion, it is dark and, it being Myanmar with chancey electricity, there are flew lights except those run by small local gas generators.

p168551443-5.jpg

6. At the end of the day, it is a bit disappointing to come back to the relative civilization of the town of Nyaung Schwe and the temptation is to leave the town behind and walk out along the dirt roads leading out.

p1507073010-5.jpg

7. and we end up getting supper at a local restaurant.

p621240240-5.jpg

Last edited:
#1 #4 #6 I like the most

2 & 3 are really fillers for the sake of continuity and don't have much in the way of 'picture' value.

Thanks for the kind remarks here and before.

Lew

You're a fantastic photographer Lew

Wow! Another wonderful story. I cannot critique any of your shots here but I like the way you built up your story and accompanied them with pictures. Very typical of what I used to see when I went to Vietnam??? I have been to many Asian countries I am so embarrassed not to have brought my husband to any...yet.

2 & 3 are really fillers for the sake of continuity and don't have much in the way of 'picture' value.

Thanks for the kind remarks here and before.

Lew

I actually really enjoy #2. Thanks again for sharing these stories with us.

4&5 stand out, but as usual great shots. Great story telling shots. Ed

I really love the 4th one, not quite sure why! Really cool shots Lew, but I guess you already know that ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back